in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-04-2009 7:00 AM by ToeKneeAus. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2009 3:14 AM

DAB + and the Beosound 4

Seeing that Melbourne has now launched DAB + (11 May) I was wondering if anyone has managed to confirm whether the DAB module in the BS4 can be removed & replaced with a DAB + one (or a software upgrade) ?

Since there's limited stations there's no rush to get it swapped - but I was happy with the DAB test signals last year, so am looking it as a logical progression.

I just hope that its an option without having to trade in the BS4 and buy a new one ...

• 05-30-2009 4:01 AM In reply to

Re: DAB + and the Beosound 4

There has been a thread about this in the past and I believe B&O have not confirmed that DAB+ will ever be catered for.

• 05-30-2009 4:34 AM In reply to

If thats the case then i guess B&O Australia will not be advertsing the DAB option for the BS4 as it won't work (part of the 'not available in all markets' caveat I guess).

• 05-30-2009 11:59 AM In reply to

The really annoying thing is that it did work and I was happy with my 2006 purchase.

It was the Australian decision to switch after the tests from DAB to DAB+ that has invalidated my purchase.

Yes I could perhaps complain that B&O should invest in DAB+ but equally I would say my DAB reception was great, so why did Australia change ....

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-04-2009 7:00 AM In reply to

Formal BeoCare response - 

"We have to inform you that at the moment we do not have an upgrade for DAB+. But this has been reported to our development department, and they are looking into possibilities, but we cannot say whether there will be an upgrade in the future."

So never say never, but i'm not going to hold my breath...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)