in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-22-2009 8:49 AM by graemeben. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2009 5:20 AM

update set top box

Hi. Been following this site for a while but am new to posting questions. I have a 5 year old Beovision3 with stb controller and am using a phillips digi box which I now believe that after our digital switchover in  July will not work anymore. Can anyone recommend a good freeview box compatible with the tv's stb controller. I tried a Panasonic TUCT 20(borrowed) which worked but I thought the picture and sound was not as good as the phillips.Thanks. Very informative site btw.

• 05-22-2009 8:07 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: update set top box

Excuse me Graeme if I'm misunderstanding you, but what is the Philips 'digibox' receiving currently - satellite via Sky? The switchover you are referring to is the switching off of the analogue signal, so I don't understand how this could negatively affect reception via the Philips unit which I presume doesn't and cannot receive analogue signals, so the switch off is irrelevent in this respect.

Freeview is terrestrial reception via an aerial and is of course an option, but so is digital satellite via Sky or Freesat.

• 05-22-2009 8:24 AM In reply to

Sorry. I didnt explain fully. I have a very old Philips 'on digital' freeview box that come July according to the 'get ready for digital' website will no longer receive digital signals. Apparently when they switch over they are doing some kind of upgrade on the signal and alot of older freeview boxes will no longer work. Why exactly I dont know but unfortunately my stb is on their list.I am holding my breath at the moment and hoping mine will continue working but am not doing any new channel searches just in case.Sorry if my initial posting was a little confusing. Anyone using older freeview boxes may want to look into whether their stb is still ok after the switchover. I dont want sky at the moment, just a more up to date freeview box that will work via my Beo4. Thanks.

• 05-22-2009 8:49 AM In reply to

have a look at www.digitaluk.co.uk/2equipment . I,m guessing this isnt going to affect many on this site you as most will have much more modern equipment than me!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)