in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-21-2009 12:59 PM by Stan. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-21-2009 9:27 AM

• Bebs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • London & Denmark
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Adjusting start up volume on link speakers?

Hi all,

I'm installing 2 x Lab3500s and 1 x Lab2000 this weekend courtesy of Lifestyle AV - thank you Lee  ;o)

Does anyone know how to adjust the start up volume on these link speakers?

Is it a matter of using the beo4s:  MENU - SETUP - SOUND - ADJUST.  Then adjust volume and press 'Go' to store ?

Haven't had any of these speakers before and expecting delivery this Saturday  :o)

Thanks all!

• 05-21-2009 10:33 AM In reply to

Re: Adjusting start up volume on link speakers?

Hi Bebs

Yes you need to add A. SETUP to the Beo4 and when you are in this mode, choose a comfortable volume and select STORE Smile

Hope this helps,

Llewelyn

• 05-21-2009 10:38 AM In reply to

• Bebs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • London & Denmark
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Thank you but how do I add: A. Setup to the Beo4?

Thanks

• 05-21-2009 10:44 AM In reply to

Bebs:

Thank you but how do I add: A. Setup to the Beo4?

Thanks

look here and sub A.SETUP for A.AUX

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-21-2009 11:08 AM In reply to

• Bebs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • London & Denmark
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Thank you - I will report back next week when its all installed - providing I can get my head around the small junction boxes!

• 05-21-2009 11:25 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

The small junction boxes are simple - especially if you're just connecting 2 MLs.  With 3 or more, it can get a little tight, and I'd recommend using the larger box (which is really just the smaller box oriented perpendicular to the wires in a larger enclosure).  Definitely consider the larger box for 4, but 3 isn't that bad.

Carefully cut off about 2 inches of the ML cable's outer insulation (cut off slightly more than the length of the junction box) and unwrap the 3 bundles of wires from their foil.  Be careful not to disturb the insulation on the individual wires.  Use the included tool push to the wires into their appropriate slots (follow the color coding).  Make sure you push the wires down firmly so the slots cut through the insulation.  The first set of wires should go all the way to the bottom of the slot.  Start with the 3 uninsulated grounding wires, then work your way down the junction box.  Try to keep your wires organized so the don't get twisted around too much.  Trim the excess wire.  Repeat.

My wife teases me because she says I'm not very handy (actually, I'm just lazy), but I've done this 6 or 7 times (I've linked my BS9000, BeoPort, BL3500 and BL-Active, twice because I moved) and my connections have all worked fine.

Stan

• 05-21-2009 11:38 AM In reply to

• Bebs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • London & Denmark
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Stan - very helpful advice.

So, I don't need to strip the actual small cables that get pushed into the slots? I thought I had to strip those as well..

I've got 1 large junction box and 2 small so I should be ok. I understand that it doesn't matter how many links you add to a master link cable..

• 05-21-2009 12:59 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

No, don't strip the actual small cables that get pushed into the slot.  The slot is designed to cut through the insulation and make a solid contact with the inner wire.  Exposing more of wire opens up the potential for shorting and crossed wires.  It's also much easier Smile

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)