in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-04-2009 12:26 AM by blue2th. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2009 5:19 AM

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Another aussie!

Look out!

I have 2 sets of head phones from B&O (hey big spender), but have been admiring some of the audio goods for some time.

I wouldn't mind one of the telephones in the near future and possibly whole house kind of stuff.

So hi everyone :-)  Happy to be here.

Regards,

Michael / Mick / Mike.

Filed under:
  • 05-20-2009 9:17 PM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Re: Another aussie!

Welcome Michael! 

Don't worry you'll get the B&O bug and you'll never regret it!

Luke.

• 05-20-2009 10:19 PM In reply to

• Andrew
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-16-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 49
    • Bronze Member

Hey mate, welcome, im a newish memeber, used to live around the corner from you in Vermont but recently moved to Geelong....

Welcome :)

Andrew

• 05-25-2009 3:57 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Thanks. :-)

• 05-29-2009 9:18 PM In reply to

the phones are great

and once you have one with its AV volume control ........ you just HAVE to have the audio-visual system to complement it :-)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-31-2009 9:38 AM In reply to

• blue2th
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

good to see the recent "burst" of aussies in the scene.

i too have recently reacted to the B&O bug.  picked up 2 beocom 6000s and waiting on the beocom 1401 on order Smile

saving up for a beosound 1 before saving up even more for the bigger things.

checked out the new beovision 7-40 (100hz)with blu ray on Friday - superb!

both the city store and the David Jones stores have/are undergoing renovations. drop by to check out the new toys and scratch the itch Wink

• 06-01-2009 4:34 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Thanks for the replies guys :-)

Why did you go for the beocom 1401 over one of the other phones?  I'd also love a beosound 1, as I love its design and function, the only issue I have is playing ripped CD's from itunes and the issue with digital audio.  I would have got one for my dad, but he is AM, so...

Can't wait to see the BeoVision 7 with blu ray, but would it be any better than say a pioneer?  who knows, it's all personal i guess :-)

Being i work in the city, i'll have to drop in to either store. 

Thanks again

MH

• 06-01-2009 6:05 AM In reply to

• blue2th
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

having my main phone point sandwiched between the microwave and the wireless router, i wanted a corded phone and the beocom 1401 was well priced and gave me an excuse to increase the count of B&O toys :)

i am contemplating getting the DIN to 3.5mm cable ($20) to connect my ipod/iphone. but ripped CDs would be a problem from what i gather.

the kuro's are impressive no doubt.  but with a built in blu-ray player, i think you'd be hard pressed to find any mainstream brand to offer quality, design and the convenience of the 7-40 Smile

• 06-01-2009 6:54 AM In reply to

blue2th:

which store did you see this at !?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-01-2009 3:44 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

blue2th:

Sure, it is if you only want to watch Blu-ray and/or HD! SD is poor and the 'internal' DVD player performs as an external played, needs to be controlled via yellow+button and uses one of the external HDMI sockets.

It's amazing how dealers convince customers that the picture is 'superb' by showing only HD or Blu-ray. For everyday TV, it's fairly poor-average.

It's only a tiny bit better than the MKIII for Blu-ray/HD. That's the only advantage over the MKIII. Lots of disadvantages.

• 06-01-2009 7:11 PM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Hi All,

Yep....another Aussie with their first post. You have all inspired me to finally sign up  after several months of lurking on the site - which I might add is simply fantastic.

I've a BS3200 with a couple of BL6000's as well as a BeoCom 6000 all of which I never grow tired of using or simply enjoying the aesthetics of.

What people on this forum say about the B&O bug is most certainly true - once you've been bitten it's incredibly difficult to remain rational.......my wife can attest to this!

Looking forward to chatting with you all here on the boards in the future.

Cheers,

Matt

• 06-01-2009 8:19 PM In reply to

welcome Matthew !

seems like we need another dinner soon to welcome all the new Melbournites !

• 06-02-2009 12:39 AM In reply to

• blue2th
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

Collins St.

I must add, I did not view SD content on it.  only Blu ray and HD. it had the 7-4 speaker on it.  Think they had a bond movie playing.

PS: There's a Visa Platinum demo night on 11 june - I emailed them but haven't heard back.

https://www.visaplatinum.com.au/Categories/Home-Entertainment/VIP-Bang---Olufsen-Showcase-Nights.aspx

And a free Beocom 6000 for purchases over $10k on a single receipt with a platinum visa

https://www.visaplatinum.com.au/Categories/Home-Entertainment/B-O_complimentaryproduct.aspx

• 06-02-2009 2:40 AM In reply to

Hi,

I popped into the Collin Street store today but all they had was the mark III BV7-40 and the BV4-65 that was playing the Bond movie via a blueray player

I have heard about the Visa card deal, but had not heard about any demo night 

• 06-02-2009 4:24 AM In reply to

• blue2th
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

i was shown a BV7-40 with built in blu ray - i presume it was a mkIV as i didn't know that a mkIII came with this option?

i must add though Friday was their last day of renovations and things were getting shuffled, so it may be moved around?

the store site on the web also mentioned in-store demo of it (but site is now down for maintenance - wonder if anything new happens).

am going down on Thu probably, will ask.

• 06-02-2009 7:26 PM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for the words of welcome - much appreciated.

Have not paid the Collins St store a visit in a while. I'd be interested to know the scale of the rennovation. Any significant changes making it worth a visit?

• 06-02-2009 8:17 PM In reply to

Matthew:
    Have not paid the Collins St store a visit in a while. I'd be interested to know the scale of the rennovation. Any significant changes making it worth a visit?

I was in Collins Street yesterday: it is always nice to see the ladies, but only Anna was in - they have a new young salesman as well.

The remodeling was laying down a nice new carpet - nothing new in product or structual layout, but they are promoting an artist and had some brochures on the Beoliving area's coffee table and one of the paintings hanging on the wall.

A lot of the rewiring was incomplete, so for example they had to control the PS3 blueray game controller to demonstrate the Bond movie on the Beovision 4.

So not worth a going-out-of-your-way visit but certainly worth going in to appreciate the ambiance.

All we need now is for Camberwell's Beoliving area to be given a face lift ... oh, by the way, if you want to see something "new" then Camberwell have a very nice piece of furniture for their BV8-40 - I did not even know that it existed in the B&O catalogue ! 

• 06-02-2009 11:47 PM In reply to

• blue2th
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

spotted the Zegna store a few doors away with the BV8 in the front display window....good advertising

• 06-03-2009 3:45 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Saw the BV8 40 in DJ's Melbourne on Tuesday night (last night) when they opened their sale.  It's much better than I thought.  Also the pic was very clear, so it must have a larger resolution than the smaller models of the BV8.

They also have a BeoSound 5 which i played with for a bit - it's quite spectacular.  Perhaps I should invest in one of these.  Not sure how much one will cost with a set of Beo3 speakers.  

On another note saw the previous comments about the platinum visa card, pity i dont have one of those (good bonus with the shopping night)

In DJ's I was upstairs in the furniture section while they renovate the mezzanine where they normally live. 

• 06-04-2009 12:26 AM In reply to

• blue2th
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

My BAD!

I went in today - it was a Mk III - the lady meant it now comes with a built in blu ray player - not meaning that the one she pointed to was the one!

so yeah - mkIII screen was awesome - so i'm sorry Elephant if this builds any doubt on your purchase.

The BV8-40 was full HD and looked good.

they've almost got everything up and running post reno.  nice air-ier feel to the store than before i think.

only negative is the visit's got me hooked on a Beosound 4 and Beolab 4000 (can't quite the afford Beolab 3 for now). 

would be awesome if Beosound 4 and Beosound 3200 were merged and u have multi source capability with CD/Radio/Hard drive.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)