in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-20-2009 6:29 PM by slupascu. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2009 2:58 AM

Connecting Beovox 4500 Panel speakers to a Beocenter unit or a MCL2P

Hello,

I need your advice about the cable type I will need to connect the  Beovox 4500 Speakers to a MCL2P or a Beocenter amplified unit (8000/9000/9300)

Would you please let me know what cables should I use ? The Speakers have just two leads that can be connected by inserting rough wires. As I have seen in pictures the units(which i don't have by the way ) have special terminators with three pins positioned in a triangle form.

I have attached an image in order to be more clear. 

Many thanks for your help.

This forum  helped me a lot. 

Stefan

• 05-20-2009 5:51 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Re: Connecting Beovox 4500 Panel speakers to a Beocenter unit or a MCL2P

Hi there

You only need 2 pins to drive a Beovox (passive speaker), just get a DIN speaker plug like this (http://www.av-connection.dk/?PGr=375&ML=370) and mount the cable in this (minus should go to the small round pin, plus to the bigger flat part I think) and plug it in on for instance a Beocenter 9500.

The third pin is for driving active speakers via speaker-link (a predecessor of the Powerlink).

best regards

Christian

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 05-20-2009 8:37 AM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

One small correction on the reply of Christian: The small round pin is the "+" and the bigger flat part is the "-".

Regards,

Bieele

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 05-20-2009 8:50 AM In reply to

Bieele:

One small correction on the reply of Christian: The small round pin is the "+" and the bigger flat part is the "-".

Regards,

Bieele

And final conclusion: it doesn't matter as long as both (or all) speakers are connected the same way Smile

It's a good habit to connect them the "right" way in any case if you happen to mix cables later.

-mika

• 05-20-2009 12:14 PM In reply to

Many thanks to all of you.

i can't wait to hear them out. Do you have any experience with this kind of speakers ?

Can I have your recommandation about using a MCL2P along my Ouverture player for these speakers or try to buy an amplified beocenter as 9300 or 9500 ?

What would you do in my place? Do you think that a significat sound quality will be observed in one of the cases presented above?

Thanks again.

Stefan

• 05-20-2009 12:47 PM In reply to

The 9300 and Ouverture and MCL2P will be almost identical in sound as the amplifier in the MCL2P and 9300 are almost identical and the CD players and cassette players should also be roughly the same (there were changes during the life of the models).

The 4500 speaker must be wall mounted. It does not have a completely flat frequency response in that it is a bit bass light. The beolab 4500 got around this by having a clever loudness circuit that was variable depending on the signal output at 1000Hz. This boosted the bass by about 4dB at lower levels. You may find a little tweak to the bass control on the Ouverture could be called for. I have Beolab 3000s and 5000s. Both are good speakers - the 3000s are excellent link speakers because of their size and displays.

• 05-20-2009 12:57 PM In reply to

Unfortunately I've never heard these panel speakers. I have a pair of Jamo Graphic's (very similar in size & specs) elsewhere though, and they are excellent. I'd expect B&O to have done at least as well!

As far as I understand the amplifiers in those Beocenters are pretty similar to the MCL2P - nothing special, but do their job quite well if you don't expect massive power to drive large loudspeakers. I believe all of them would be a good match with Beovox 4500's - so if you like your Ouverture and don't mind an extra black box to hide away, MCL2P might be a good choice.

-mika

• 05-20-2009 6:29 PM In reply to

thx again to all of you

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)