in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-24-2009 9:36 AM by TWG. 31 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2009 8:15 PM

Beotime...

Has anyone any more news on the Beotime!

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 05-19-2009 5:33 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Re: Beotime...

Good question - it should have been out by now...

Roger

• 05-19-2009 6:05 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

It'll be like an alarm clock (runs on batteries) with a similar alarm tone as a the Serene, it can be programmed individually from the timer function of your B&O products and sends out I.R signals to turn B&O on / off...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-19-2009 6:28 AM In reply to

Nice and even better when we see a Picture sometime?

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 05-19-2009 8:15 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

It comes with motion sensors, too, and looks (sort of)  like a flute. A genuine "must have" product for any BeoWorlder. I guess B&O Marketing is looking forward to the launch, as BeoTime will draw window shoppers into stores - a new, but still very B&Oish, look that will work well in any shop window.

Roger

• 05-19-2009 11:17 AM In reply to

pictures please Wink

• 05-19-2009 1:28 PM In reply to

• 05-19-2009 1:50 PM In reply to

Thanks......mr anders son..

Sort of looks like the finish of a top of a Kitchen work top......Laughing a Mosac finish Lol.

• 05-19-2009 1:50 PM In reply to

For those of us who have seen it, you can't get much more accurate than a flute. It's a rod with 4 squares on it. One square is control and the other 3 are displays. As far as we know it will launch in the next few weeks. It looks insane. I'm not sure how I mean that yet. I'll have to live with it for a while, but I can't remember ever being quite so put off by the "first sight" of a B&O product ever, except maybe the BeoVision 8, which I've grown to really like. I have no doubt it will sell brilliantly, though! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-19-2009 1:52 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Gosh! mr_anders_son,

That looks remarkably like the new, tulip shaped sub-woofer!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-19-2009 2:04 PM In reply to

Trip...Thanks for the info on the Beotime!

Jandyt..So you say thats what the new Sub will look like..Hmmm

• 05-19-2009 2:15 PM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Trip,

Any idea of the price? 

Roger

• 05-19-2009 3:05 PM In reply to

" BeoTime: Remote alarm clock, sleep timer, simple remote, motion sensor for left / right handed operation - beautiful design. UVP € 350, - Available around summer "

• 05-19-2009 3:41 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

For those of us who have seen it, you can't get much more accurate than a flute. It's a rod with 4 squares on it. One square is control and the other 3 are displays. As far as we know it will launch in the next few weeks. It looks insane. I'm not sure how I mean that yet. I'll have to live with it for a while, but I can't remember ever being quite so put off by the "first sight" of a B&O product ever, except maybe the BeoVision 8, which I've grown to really like. I have no doubt it will sell brilliantly, though! 

It's not this then Trip?

The Bang and Olusfen watch was designed to fit in with the Bang and Olufsen brand and extend their range of products. Its two aluminium discs revolve to display the time through the blue led indicators. Its infra-red light and centre-botton act as a remote-control fitting in with the Beo-System.

Bang and Olufsen watch

1. brushed aluminium face
    2. black leather strap
    3. acts as remote control for Beo-System
    4. simple design and construction

Simon.

• 05-19-2009 3:47 PM In reply to

ahh...

the design rendering that will never die... Laughing

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-19-2009 8:17 PM In reply to

Hey Jeff that is a real watch available in all B&O dealers now!!!!

Simon

Big Smile

• 05-19-2009 10:39 PM In reply to

LifeStyle:

" BeoTime: Remote alarm clock, sleep timer, simple remote, motion sensor for left / right handed operation - beautiful design. UVP € 350, - Available around summer "

That's it (at least a blurry rendering of part of it). It's going to be about $350 USD. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-20-2009 12:08 AM In reply to

is BeoTime an stationary alarm clock or a wrist watch?

The business report mentions a "watch"... 

• 05-20-2009 1:02 AM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Alarm clock sounds interesting, not sure on the watch though, I can't see too many B&O owners not already having a nice dress watch.

• 05-20-2009 4:44 AM In reply to

PentaIII:

Alarm clock sounds interesting, not sure on the watch though, I can't see too many B&O owners not already having a nice dress watch.

A very good point.

• 05-20-2009 5:37 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

I think the reason everyone keeps thinking it is a wrist watch is because the word 'watch' and 'clock' is the same in a few languages. Well at least in German as far as I know. So it's just a poor translation.

• 05-20-2009 5:42 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

PentaIII:

Yep, there's no way B&O are going to go down the wrist watch route. According to Fox.com, wrist watches are within the top ten technologies they think will disappear. I don't agree with that - mainly as I buy/sell them - but B&O won't be spending time working on these kind of technologies.

An alarm clock sounds interesting. I never knew why the BS3 wasn't made in to a decent alarm clock. Could have made it half the size, vertically.

• 05-20-2009 9:05 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    I never knew why the BS3 wasn't made in to a decent alarm clock. Could have made it half the size, vertically.

Yeah. I don't know why they didn't just give it a proper alarm function. I would use it more if I didn't have to set it every night before I go to bed. It's such a nice piece.... Seems like a waste not to have it.

Maybe they knew they planned to sell an alarm clock in the future and didn't want to canabalise it's sales hehe

• 05-20-2009 1:42 PM In reply to

Give us the other half of the picture Lifestyle......pleaseWhistle

• 05-22-2009 1:04 PM In reply to

Angry

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >