in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-18-2009 2:46 AM by steph. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-17-2009 6:37 AM

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Where do you guys hide your BM5?

One key reasons for not buying the BS5 (yet) is that I have no idea where I'd hide the BM5. The BC2 'socket box' was bad enough and, as my large kitchen/living room is painted white, there's a fairly large black socket box on the wall. Looks a tad odd.

However, the BM5 is a lot larger. So, where do you hide this box? I don't want to buy a cabinet, it can't really go on the wall, nor on the floor. Got no problems with the BS5 size or design.

I wonder why B&O couldn't get the BM5 smaller, when Apple can get the Apple TV or the five-year-old Mac Mini far smaller? Makes disguising or hiding it, tricky.

• 05-17-2009 10:56 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Re: Where do you guys hide your BM5?

I hided my Beomaster 5 upright behind the couch as my couch stands nearly direct to a wall with its back - I hope it's clear what I mean with my english Smile
    You can order the Beosound 5 with 9m cable instead of 4m - perhaps that helps you!?

Mac mini is only this small because the power supply is NOT inside the box as it is the case in the Beomaster 5.

Apple TV doesn't know standby, is realy getting hot during use etc. ...

Personaly I realy like the BS 5 / BM 5 combo. The aluminium wheels always say "please touch me" ;-)

• 05-18-2009 2:46 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Re: Where do you guys hide your BM5?

I've hided mine in a BeoSystem 2 cabinet.

It's smaller than the new cabinet and i've got 2 sets of panels with different finish.

I love mine but i can understand that it could be a probleme for some people.

Lots of cables...Sad

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)