in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-20-2009 8:53 AM by beojeff. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2009 4:16 PM

Copying using BeoConnect Mac, album art taking forever

Hi everyone,

I just received my BS5 / BM5 this morning. After the tech had finished installing it, we tried copying an album by dragging it from iTunes onto BeoConnect and it copied just fine and everything seemed ok.

Now I've been trying to copy all my music over and I am noticing that as I copy groups of albums at once, although the music shows up right away under artist or album, the cover art doesn't appear in the Cover section for at least 30 mins. If I leave it alone, eventually the album cover art will appear. 

Is this normal behaviour? I have about 500 albums that I was to copy over and I'm worried about dragging them all at once, if it takes that long to process a couple of albums will it completely choke up on 500?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Dimitri

• 05-19-2009 11:21 PM In reply to

Re: Copying using BeoConnect Mac, album art taking forever

Yes, this is normal. In some cases it may be a day or more before album artwork shows up. 

This is due to the fact that the music is processed on its way in and album artwork (at least in the current software) is not given precedence over MOTS networking. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-20-2009 6:26 AM In reply to

Thanks so much for the reply, I was starting to get worried that something was wrong with my system. Most if not all has now showed up, but with so much music I can never be sure everything is there!

Thanks again!

• 05-20-2009 8:53 AM In reply to

Moreover, the BeoSystem 5 can be quite quirky and unresponsive for a few hours while it is analyzing new music that has just been added. You certainly would not want to add music just before enjoying the Beosystem 5 with guests. That would be quite frustrating.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)