in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-05-2009 10:45 AM by tc0fh. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2009 11:10 AM

• tc0fh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Needed B&O Miocrocomputer uPH8

Hello!

I need a functional uPH8 microcomputer printed circuit board (PCB) from a Beosound 3000 or a Beosystem 2 or a Beovison Avant or Beovision 5 or any other B&O device that uses this processor board. This board is called PCB 06 in the Beosystem and Beovision and PCB3 in the Beosound service manuals.

On the back side the PCB has the code B6143024 ver D

Regards,
    Andrei

• 05-13-2009 1:02 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Needed B&O Miocrocomputer uPH8

Isn't that the one with the anti-theft code in it ?
    May I ask what is wrong with the one you have ?

Martin

• 05-13-2009 1:39 PM In reply to

• tc0fh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Hello!

It is the one from the Beosystem 2 I bought on e-bay and that didn't work (almost) at all.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/25636.aspx

I used the PCB from my Beosound 3000 and the firmware and eeprom from the Beosystem 2 and Beosystem 2 started without a problem.

I used the PCB from the Beosystem 2 in the Beosound 3000 (swapping firmware and settings eeprom again) and Beosound 3000 doesn't start (not even the RED Standby Led).

It is obvious that the microcomputer board is defective. It might be just a pin on the connector or a bad solder joint, or it could be a part of the microcontroller (H8/3002) that doesn't work.

I am guessing at the moment that it might be a problem with the infrared pin on the microcontroller (I'll check tomorrow) because the Beosystem 2 reads the settings eeprom, cycles a relay once and then does nothing. If I remove the settings eeprom it keeps cycling the relay. So parts of the board work but not all.

Anyway, I'm waiting for an answer from my B&O dealer, but so far it was not very helpful.

One of my worries is that the Dealer will tell me that I have to replace the whole PCB 14 in the Beosystem 2 as the microcomputer board is soldered to the AVS (PCB 14) board. This AVS board will be much more expensive than the same board from the Beosound 3000.

Regards,
    Andrei

PS: do you work at B&O? Wink

• 05-13-2009 1:55 PM In reply to

Hello Andrei,

I read your post about the service suitcase in the B&O shop and I just had to reply.

I run an authorised B&O service centre and I find this type of behaviour ... well rude..

In our service centre we order the service suitcase and only charge for the defective parts. And when were done repairing we send the service suitcase back to B&O. Usually within a couple of days. We get the invoice and the credit right after one and another..

So that they charge you for something they dont ever pay for is a bit strange.. But each B&O shop/service centre is selfemployed. I gues that they are very orientated about not wanting to risk loosing any  money that they will loose some cutomers along the way..

BeoVision10-46MKII,BL3,BL2,BS8,Beo5

• 05-14-2009 7:34 AM In reply to

• tc0fh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Hello!

Can I send you the defective part and have it serviced in your service center?

Regards,
    Andrei

• 05-15-2009 11:23 AM In reply to

• tc0fh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Hello again!

My dealer forwarded a reply from BeoCare that says you cannot get that module, just the whole chasis.

Can anyone confirm the price for 8006797? My dealer quoted me for over 600 Euro.

Regards,
    Andrei

• 05-17-2009 9:11 AM In reply to

600 euro seems a bit overpriced but in the end the service centre sets the price..

BeoVision10-46MKII,BL3,BL2,BS8,Beo5

• 09-05-2009 10:45 AM In reply to

• tc0fh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

I have fixed the board.

The ST24C02 serial eeprom (the one with the PIN security system) was corrupted and I managed to rebuild the information in it.

I think that mains power failed at exactly the same time as the CPU was writing a new PIN code in the eeprom or a timestamp and the CPU wrote only part of the data.

Regards,
    Andrei

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)