in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-14-2009 6:04 AM by The_Beonic_Man. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2009 10:56 AM

BeoVision 7 Mk III / MK IV

Many things have been said about the beovision 7 mk iii and mk IV which is coming.....Well got some questions myshelf .

First of All  Is A trade Option Avaiable  if Someone Have MkIII To  MK IV   ,  About how much  Will such a Trade Cost (Money Wise) .

Is It True That An Upgrade Will be avaiable To  MK III  To get A Intergraded Blu Ray player?   If Someone Upgrade The MKIII  for MKIII+ Blue ray    Will that TV Be Able to Decode   Dobly True HD  And  all the new Sound Formats ?  Or Will be Stuck with a Blue rayplayer and ONly DTS Sound etc ?  

About The MK IV  I Suppose It will Support Dolby True Hd  and all the new sound Formats?

• 05-13-2009 10:59 AM In reply to

Re: BeoVision 7 Mk III / MK IV

There should be an upgrade path for the BV7-40, but there will not be an upgrade path for the BV7-32...

• 05-13-2009 11:02 AM In reply to

Yeah i own the beovision 7 - 40 inch

When u say upgrade path u mean  that the  MKIII get a blu ray player upgrade or Total Upgrade From MKIII to MKIV ?

• 05-13-2009 11:05 AM In reply to

I think it is more about the player only... as that was announced a while ago by B&O.  But I am not sure about the other features...

• 05-13-2009 11:38 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

You can trade-up your BV7-40 MKIII to a MKIV (ie. give your TV back to your dealer and take the new model in return). However, that depends on whether your dealer will accept the TV! I contacted five dealers and two of them didn't want to take the MKIII at all, simply as B&O gave dealers a deal to get rid of the remaining MKIIIs.

I also found that the trade-in deal for the MKIII varied widely. One dealer could offer you far less than another. Ask around.

We're all confused about whether it decodes all the HD audio formats due to B&Os poor press release. See the other thread.

• 05-13-2009 11:44 AM In reply to

Central dealer in London usually refuse to take back products that are still being sold. (For example, they'll accept an Avant but not a BV7).

They usually advise to sell it to Lifestyle AV or similar sites saying that they'll offer a better deal than B&O itself.

p.

• 05-13-2009 3:55 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

PhilLondon:

They usually advise to sell it to Lifestyle AV or similar sites saying that they'll offer a better deal than B&O itself.

I tried that option. All I'd say is that you'd be better trying all options, before making a decision.

• 05-13-2009 4:00 PM In reply to

And the next thing to think about is how much will it cost to upgrade the dvd player in the MK III to blue ray, any guesses? 

Carl Sheerman

• 05-13-2009 5:15 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Wasn't £600 mentioned (I know £450 was originally discussed, then £700), but £600 was the latest figure from someone who asked their dealer recently.

• 05-13-2009 6:11 PM In reply to

Hmmm prolly Will phone my nearest B&O shop here in Greece and ask arround a bit asswell tommorow , well the 600-700 pound option sounds reasonable for an dvd  / Blu ray upgrade   ........well the remaining Question then is about the Sound formats what will be included in witch versions of the tv  , and if u upgrade the dvd/blu ray will it be able to decode such as true hd etc. . .  !

• 05-14-2009 6:04 AM In reply to

Sandrikor:

Hmmm prolly Will phone my nearest B&O shop here in Greece and ask arround a bit asswell tommorow , well the 600-700 pound option sounds reasonable for an dvd  / Blu ray upgrade   ........well the remaining Question then is about the Sound formats what will be included in witch versions of the tv  , and if u upgrade the dvd/blu ray will it be able to decode such as true hd etc. . .  !

Which dealer will you go to? Glyfada? Will be interesting to see the differences between the euro and the pound for B&O. I found the two exactly the same from 2003-2005.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)