in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-17-2009 8:40 AM by Medogsfat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2009 2:24 AM

How do I connect CD7000 to Beocenter 7007

Need some help here!  

Just got hold a mint condition Beogram CD7000 and want to connect it to my Beocenter 7007. CD player only has  male 7pin din output plug.

I tried this in the rear din socket on the 7007 and it worked fine for listening to CD's ( in fact the sound was really excellent)

The problem is that when this set up is used all the other sound inputs ( deck / tuner/tape) are cut out.  I can press the input buttons but the CD

sound remains the only live audio.

Is there a solution to this?? any advice would be much appreciated

thanks all

Justin

• 05-15-2009 2:15 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: How do I connect CD7000 to Beocenter 7007

Justin,

did you connect the CD7000 to the input which has a white plastic plug in it? If so you need to replace this and connect the CD to the tape 2 input instead.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-16-2009 11:15 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply Chris .

Thats exactly what I did !! Have searched the forum and found the solution re: TP2/ RCA inputs and adapting the 7 pin CD lead to 5 pin and 

connecting via a female din to male RCA lead. It all seemed  so simple when I found that din socket!!

thanks again 

Justin

• 05-17-2009 8:40 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Hi Justin,

there are 2 pins on the 7 pin plug which carry the datalink signal to the CD7000 which simply unscrew which enables you to use a 5 pin DIN to phono/RCA converter (I forgot that the tape 2 input on the 7007 was phono/RCAEmbarrassed). Don't lose these pins though as they are near impossible to find - I would tape them to the cable to ensure you know where they are.

Get a 5 pin DIN female to 4 X RCA to ensure that you will have the correct wiring (this will be fully wired) - a bit of trial and error will be needed to get the corrct 2 phono outputs.

The socket you plugged the CD7000 into is for connecting an equaliser and this plug must be replaced or you won't get sound on any function.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)