in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-06-2009 11:22 PM by TripEnglish. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2009 2:25 PM

BS5, N.MUSIC: Fav-List - what you see is NOT what you get

when I mark a track for the favorite's list (say, no. 1), after selecting the fav-section BS5 shows the track on its position.

when I select this track (from the fav-list), BS5 plays sth different.
    when I select this track (from any other hierarchical section), BS5 plays the selected track.

Is it a bug or is it a feature?  ;-))

any confirmation out there?

(SW version is 5.01)

((while the a.m. numbered fav-positions work this way, the coloured ones work as I would expect [playing the song which it displays]))

• 05-30-2009 7:47 AM In reply to

Re: BS5, N.MUSIC: Fav-List - what you see is NOT what you get

vogelr

i have the same problem. it seems that when you play for example preset no 1. it will play the whole queue of the nuber that's under preset nr 1. i don't know if its supposed to work that way. i send an email to B&o and waiting for respons

• 05-30-2009 12:46 PM In reply to

Gentlemen,

It is picking up somewhere on the MOTS playlist that track had initially generated. If you want your Seed 1 list to start with the song you chose, you actually need to hit < , select that first song, and press GO

Once you spend some time with the interface, this makes a little more sense. Since the player is essentially a smart randomizer, it only pays attention to ordered lists or hierarchies when you ask it to. If, for example, I choose Eric Clapton from my list and press GO, it will start playing at a random point in the Eric Clapton albums I have collected and continue playing Eric Clapton until the catalog is played through (then it will move to a MOTS list). If, however, I press < to move one layer in and then select a specific album title and press GO, it will play the album in correct track order (and then move to a MOTS list).

When you choose an item* to play and press GO to start the music, you are essentially putting the first seed in place. While that item is playing through, you can choose additional items to add to the que. Once it runs out of requests, MOTS takes over.

*I say item because you can select either an entire artist's catalog, an album, or a single song. Whatever layer of sorting you press GO on is what is put in place. So your first seed, for example, could be all of Robbie Williams' music, while the next item could be a single song by The Who. When you look at your QUEUE, you will see the first item you selected, followed by any other items you added to the queue, followed by the MOTS list as denoted by the vertical blue line.

Hopefully this clears it up! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-02-2009 5:13 AM In reply to

Trip,

i aggree that it's logical. But there's ont exception. If you have a Beovision 4 with a Beosystem 2 mk3 in the livingroom and a bl3500 in the bedroom. If you want to wake up with you're favorite song it's not possible. You can set the timer on preset 1 for exemple. Before you go to bed you have to 'reset' you're preset list 1 if you want to wake up with you're favorit song wich is on preset 1. you can not set the coloured groups (red,blue) in the timer. That would be the solution.

• 06-06-2009 11:22 PM In reply to

Totally agree. I think it would make more sense if the list started with the first song every time you engaged it. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)