in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-30-2009 2:21 AM by lenni. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2009 9:02 AM

• dchunt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-10-2007
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

BV 7-40 - MkII or MkIII ?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if this 7-40 is a MkII or MkIII model:

Type 9364, Item No. 1818180, Serial No. 20357911

Many thanks

David

• 05-12-2009 9:27 AM In reply to

Re: BV 7-40 - MkII or MkIII ?

MK II...

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 05-12-2009 9:55 AM In reply to

• dchunt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-10-2007
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Many thanks for your quick reply!

Kind Regards

David

• 05-12-2009 10:36 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Guys, you don't need to figure if the BV7-40 is a MKII or MKIII by serial code. It's more simple than that: MKII shipped with one single DVI socket and the MKIII shipped with 4 x HDMI sockets.

• 05-12-2009 11:05 AM In reply to

Yep just learned it now had no idea the differences were so obvious !

• 05-12-2009 2:47 PM In reply to

easier than that, the MKII has RED display, the MKIII has the ICE WHITE display

Jon

• 05-27-2009 6:04 AM In reply to

• dchunt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-10-2007
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for all your help on this.

The reason behind my question in the first place was that I received my BV7-40 in December 07, having ordered in Oct 07 and specificing specifically that I wanted the MkIII version - this was for a holiday home we had in S Africa (HD is only now just available in SA). I have only been able to used the place a few times since then and it was just on a recent visit when I tried to connect my Digital Camera via the HDMI port that I suspected that something may not be correct.

The local dealer confirmed that he had ordered a MkIII and checked with B&O SA. They are now telling me that there were some country differences in specs, and that they can now add a connector module with the HDMI ports and also provide a software upgrade to take my screen up to the full MkIII resolution - they say that my (MkII) screen has the resolution capabilities of the MkIII!

Not being particularly knowledgeable on all this, I am very sceptical. I had always read that the MkII was not upgradable to a MkIII, and if it is as easy as they are saying, why doesn't everyone with a MkII do that.

I'd be grateful for your comments and advice.

Many Thanks

David

• 05-27-2009 7:07 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

dchunt:

Not being particularly knowledgeable on all this, I am very sceptical.

You have every right to be sceptical! Let me make this very clear: there is a massive difference between the MKII and MKIII and that is primarily to do with the Beosystem 3 unit that's included in the chassis of the MKIII. The MKIII therefore is far more powerful, ships with a range of technical specs that can't be matched by the MKII and includes a 1080P 'full HD' LCD panel. Your MKII can never have the same resolution capabilities of the MKIII, primarily as it doesn't have a 1080P 'full HD' panel.

However, if you ordered in October 2007, there is a good chance that you ordered just before the MKIII came on to your dealer's system. It started shipping right at the end of October 2007. Your dealer may not have realised this and is now trying to cover their tracks.

This another bug bear of mine and is a grey area which doesn't impress me at all. For example, when I ordered my BV7-40 MKIV at the beginning of May, the MKIII was still on the dealer system and my dealer had to wait a couple of days before they could order the right unit.

What I mean is that B&O allow their customers to order a MKII just before the MKIII reaches their order system. If you order a MKII, you get a MKII. This is all wrong. No customer should get a MKII when the MKIII was/is shipping only a few weeks later - they should either inform you and allow you to make a choice or wait for the new model.

• 05-27-2009 7:21 AM In reply to

• dchunt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-10-2007
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Thanks so much for the information.

I do have an email from the dealer (16th October 07) confirming that a MkIII unit will be purchased for me (I had specifically asked him to make sure). He told me when I raised my concerns a few weeks ago that he had ordered a MkIII from B&O SA - so I can only hope that he has proof of this.

• 11-30-2009 2:21 AM In reply to

• lenni
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-17-2008
    • Near Düsseldorf (Germany)
    • Posts 37
    • Bronze Member

Dear all,

can anyone tell me what version of BV7-40 is the type No. 9331?

HD or FullHD?

Thanks and kind regards,
    Lenni

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)