in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-12-2009 9:34 AM by timhanna. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2009 8:38 AM

Beocenter 1 or Beocenter 6?

Hi guys,

Am currently thinking of changing my Sony 22" teve, to invest in a larger B&O, preferrably 25" or 26".

Now, my queston is - should I go for the Beovision 1, with the DVD-function, or should I go all the way and invest in the Beocenter 6-26 and a link to my BV7-40? (No, Beovision 8 is not an option).

The  pros of the Beocenter/Beovision 1 is simplicity and price. The con is that it's older, it won't work too well serving as a monitor for my computer.
    In experience, what would you recommend for a bedroom-teve?

• 05-12-2009 8:50 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocenter 1 or Beocenter 6?

Definitely BeoCenter 1. Price aside, it is a better performer, picture, sound and functionality. The bonus is that it is cheaper. CRT is very clear and would be apropriate for computer use, the money left over you can hook it all up and have a neat setup in your room, that links to the rest of your B&O.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-12-2009 9:09 AM In reply to

• EOB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 188
    • Bronze Member

You might take into consideration that a CRT emition is less prefarable in a bedroom.

• 05-12-2009 9:11 AM In reply to

I agree with Dave but fail to see how its "appropriate for computer use". He is right if you want to watch a movie, but typing a word document would be su-eye-cide Erm

I just got a BV1 (not beocentre) and I am more than happy with it. We got a similar setup, BV7-40 and although I am still waiting for an RF amp link that is needed to watch DVD's in the bedroom via link, im sure that it will be alright.

Worse case an old, used DVD1 in addition to the BV1?

• 05-12-2009 9:15 AM In reply to

A DVD1 could do, but I sort of like the idea of not having anything extra in the bedroom.

As I use my screen for my computer, it looks like I'll have to save up for a BC6 then?

• 05-12-2009 9:19 AM In reply to

Milton78:

A DVD1 could do, but I sort of like the idea of not having anything extra in the bedroom.

As I use my screen for my computer, it looks like I'll have to save up for a BC6 then?

Sure, if you need to use the same TV to work with then definately an LCD. However, not having anything extra in the bedroom... well for me a computer in the bedroom is like the grim reaper watching over my sleep! Whenever I wake up and get to the office, it's there waiting for me!

Why not the BV8 anyway, out of curiocity Whistle you dont like the design?

• 05-12-2009 9:32 AM In reply to

I don't like the design of the BV8, as I guess it reminds me of our old black & white telly (yes, I am old enough to remember those) in its design. The protruding shelf doesn't really speak to me, as does the more simply designed BC/BV6

• 05-12-2009 9:34 AM In reply to

cool. thought so :)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)