in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-13-2009 11:28 AM by Friedmett. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2009 6:34 AM

• majand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-26-2008
    • Helsinki
    • Posts 72
    • Gold Member

Linkroom system

Hello Beolink gurus!

I've obtained a bits and pieces of B&O products, and now I'm wondering, if I could link some of them together.

I have: Beocenter 9500, 2 x MX5500 tellys, a MCL2A box with IR eye and some passive speakers and cables and 3 x BL1000 and a Beo4.

Now, I'm wondering, if I could link these to form an audio system for 4 rooms? The main question is if, MX5500 can act as a link device and speakers just on it's own or does it need a MCL box? There seems to be a AUX/Link connector at the back.

BR,

Pekka

Filed under: ,
  • 05-12-2009 9:19 AM In reply to

Re: Linkroom system

Yes its not a problem doing a MCL2 setup with what you got.

I sugest since you are a goldmember to go to mainsite under catalogs/service manuals  link and download the system manual 89-90 which will cover all you need to know.

For audio you will need a MCL2A in each room with a tranciver like the MCL2047 type which the latest.

For ekstra tv's you will need the MCL2AV tvkit in the linkroom. The Tv takes the space of the tranciver.

The setup would look like something like this:

Local room: BC9500 with AUX going to the AUX of the MX5500.

Linkrooms audio: MCL2A with tranciver goes via mcl cabel to speaker pair 2 on the BC9500 or next linkroom.

Linkroom TV: MCL2AV tvkit connects to second MX via AUX. AV panel goes to the mcl cabel and then to speakerpair 2 on BC9500. RF cabel goes to local room for video signal after the distrubtion point.

Note: You can only have 4 MCLA units in total unless you use the mcl expander.

That's the basic setup. Yes the MX can be used as link device. In a linkroom you don't need a tranciver but you will have the option and you will need the AV tvkit.

• 05-13-2009 8:54 AM In reply to

• majand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-26-2008
    • Helsinki
    • Posts 72
    • Gold Member

Allright, so the MX5500 is not enough in itself. Are those MCL2AV:s still available? Or are they second hand market only? They are still needed, even I want only audio and control to be linked?

• 05-13-2009 11:28 AM In reply to

The MCL2A products are not avaible anymore at the dealers. Unless they have some in stock which some might you can't get them that way.

If its just audio you will need the MCL2A xtra speaker kits type 2047 for passive speakers.

If its just audio for active speakers you need the MCL2AV

For Beovisions like your MX is the MCL2AV Xtra tvkit you will need.

They come up on Ebay alot. Just keep an eye on a daily basis and they will turn up. You could also post an ad here on Beoworld under wanted.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)