in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-19-2011 2:51 PM by Hungedu. 184 replies.
Page 4 of 8 (185 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2009 8:10 PM In reply to

Re: age of members

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 05-07-2009 8:10 PM In reply to

• 05-07-2009 8:12 PM In reply to

Male, very recently proposed to my 29 year old French girlfriend (she said yes!!) and we don't have kids. She wants them in two years though.... yikes!!

She likes B&O too!!

• 05-07-2009 8:29 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

jldmelb:

Male, very recently proposed to my 29 year old French girlfriend (she said yes!!) and we don't have kids. She wants them in two years though.... yikes!!

She likes B&O too!!

Congratulations!!! Beer ...and wife that likes B&O... could be an expensive marraige! hahaha! Laughing

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-07-2009 9:02 PM In reply to

hehe yep, although she's not too 'Beobrite'. We'll go in to the B&O store and she'll ask me everytime which products we have...

Marriage = big $$, but divorce would mean losing half the B&O!!! I think I'll stay married.... Whistle

• 05-07-2009 9:49 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I think i pass on getting married! What's that saying again? "what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine".

• 05-07-2009 10:33 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

You can avoid loosing half of your equipment and money very easy - it just has to look like an accident Big Smile

• 05-07-2009 11:46 PM In reply to

33........soon 34......feeling like a 23 years old! My wife which is also B&O addicted is 37!

all sold!

• 05-08-2009 5:07 AM In reply to

• Foxtrott
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 500
    • Founder

32 (recently)... no wife, no kids

Foxtrott

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Henry VI, Part 2 William Shakespeare

• 05-08-2009 5:31 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

11048437:

33........soon 34......feeling like a 23 years old! My wife which is also B&O addicted is 37!

I often feel like a 23 year old ........................ unfortunately persuading them is extremely difficultLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-08-2009 7:45 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

SWISS_2:

Old enough to remember Plato as a classmate.

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Brilliant!

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-08-2009 8:00 AM In reply to

• villarsch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Frinton-on-Sea, Great Britain
    • Posts 37
    • Founder

75.  My wife is not overwhelmed by B&O's prices (she is a Yorkshire lass), so I am having to approach changing my BV7-40 MkII for a MkIV with great care! 

• 05-08-2009 8:19 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I knew i was getting old when i realised this..

When i was in my 20's we had a big gang of us that used to go out, and we used to go for a meal before going to the bars/clubs.  This was seen as 'lining your stomach' for the pending alcohol assault, and was done as quickly as possible as we had nothing too important to talk about except how much we wanted to get amongst the action in the clubs and bars.

In my 30's - i now see the meal as a great place to have a laugh, talk, order drinks at my leisure and generally relax and enjoy good company and conversation.  I then go on to bars/clubs dreading queuing half an hour for an overpriced drink, dodging drunkards with pints splashing all over my shoes and music that's not only loud but immensely poor quality (well, i listen to B&O all day..). The meal is now the highlight of the evening!

I also hate getting drunk (don't get me wrong, i still do it - i'll never learn..) as hangovers are a curse that last 2-3 days as i get older. Angry

Don't get me wrong though - i'm young in mind, i like modern music and follow fashion (exceot in running gear before puncher starts again..), but your values change as you get older.  I also work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day - so Sundays i spend totally with my family, and a hangover ruins that day.  Age and responsibility.. it comes to us all.

Moral of the story - enjoy yourself whilst you're young free and single.  It doesn't last forever!! Wink

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-08-2009 8:44 AM In reply to

• majand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-26-2008
    • Helsinki
    • Posts 72
    • Gold Member

52, for a few days more.

• 05-08-2009 9:10 AM In reply to

• plagente
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Albi (France)
    • Posts 137
    • Silver Member

http://p-lagente.blogspot.com/

• 05-08-2009 9:52 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

9 LEE:

Moral of the story - enjoy yourself whilst you're young free and single.  It doesn't last forever!! Wink

Lee

That's  a really good point i need to remember that. I relate to the 30's paragraph Geeked

• 05-08-2009 10:45 AM In reply to

23 ;)

• 05-08-2009 11:43 AM In reply to

• ducha
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-04-2008
    • Wisconsin, US
    • Posts 77
    • Bronze Member

I'm 20.

Interesting age distribution; I would have guessed the average age being somewhere in the forties. Maybe the younger beoworlders are just more prone to adding to this thread!

Aaron

• 05-08-2009 12:11 PM In reply to

Hi Lee

Could not have said it better myself.In my age(65) if you had to choose between an excellent meal or a night with a beautiful women you probaly would choose the meal

regards

jan

• 05-08-2009 12:21 PM In reply to

• SKApretto71
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Europe - Italy - Tuscany - Fucecchio
    • Posts 66
    • Founder

Here... 38 :)

---

Raffaele "SKApretto n.71" Sgherri

I like Chrome and spread it!

• 05-08-2009 12:55 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

birgerbum:

Hi Lee

Could not have said it better myself.In my age(65) if you had to choose between an excellent meal or a night with a beautiful women you probaly would choose the meal

regards

jan

Not quite..

Given the choice between a meal and a nightclub - i'd choose the meal.  Given the choice between a night with a beautiful woman and a meal, my table reservation would be rather cancelled.

LaughingLaughing

However, i feel obliged to say that the offer of a night with a beautiful woman wouldn't happen as i'm both married and ugly.  Thankfully, that takes the choice away, and with it goes the dilemma.

Whistle

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-08-2009 12:58 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

9 LEE:

I knew i was getting old when i realised this..

When i was in my 20's we had a big gang of us that used to go out, and we used to go for a meal before going to the bars/clubs.  This was seen as 'lining your stomach' for the pending alcohol assault, and was done as quickly as possible as we had nothing too important to talk about except how much we wanted to get amongst the action in the clubs and bars.

In my 30's - i now see the meal as a great place to have a laugh, talk, order drinks at my leisure and generally relax and enjoy good company and conversation.  I then go on to bars/clubs dreading queuing half an hour for an overpriced drink, dodging drunkards with pints splashing all over my shoes and music that's not only loud but immensely poor quality (well, i listen to B&O all day..). The meal is now the highlight of the evening!

I also hate getting drunk (don't get me wrong, i still do it - i'll never learn..) as hangovers are a curse that last 2-3 days as i get older. Angry

Don't get me wrong though - i'm young in mind, i like modern music and follow fashion (exceot in running gear before puncher starts again..), but your values change as you get older.  I also work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day - so Sundays i spend totally with my family, and a hangover ruins that day.  Age and responsibility.. it comes to us all.

Lee

Laughing - welcome to Togdom!Big Smile

If we go out in town now to celebrate a birthday with friends, we are more likely to go at lunchtime, spend all afternoon int' pubs etc. and then head home, to end the evening at someone's house, just as all of the bright young things start to arrive! It's much better - you can enjoy each others company and conversation without being drowned out by a loud, horrendous, repetitive dirge, there are no queues and  there are no (other) drunkards to bother you!

btw - I hope it was only pints splashing your shoes! (I think you are becoming a little overly sensitive about that shirt - it was very................ shapely)Whistle

• 05-08-2009 4:17 PM In reply to

36 , ive just had to ask as i can never remember Stick out tongue ,  have been together with my lovely Tara for nearly 14 years now , we decided to not get married or have kids of our own but instead plan to foster .

What most people are surprised to hear is that is was Tara who got me into B+O and not the other way around

jason

• 05-08-2009 5:06 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Iconic-AV:

36 , ive just had to ask as i can never remember Stick out tongue ,  have been together with my lovely Tara for nearly 14 years now , we decided to not get married or have kids of our own but instead plan to foster .

What most people are surprised to hear is that is was Tara who got me into B+O and not the other way around

So............... having already admitted Tara does all of the work at Iconic-AV, you now tell us she is the real fan! You may as well have just said at the outset that you are just a hanger-on!Big Smile

• 05-08-2009 6:09 PM In reply to

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Yes well Tara did get into B+O first, but its me that got obsessed Big Smile

jason

Page 4 of 8 (185 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »