in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-08-2009 1:45 PM by BegBeo. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2009 4:38 AM

• BegBeo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-23-2008
    • Stockholm - Sweden
    • Posts 60
    • Gold Member

Need help with Beocenter AV5 will not enter the MENU

Hallo, I need help. I bought some Beocenter AV5 from a hotel here in Stockholm where they said to me that device makers are ordinary consumer TV, s but now it appeared that it did not come in (Menu) via remote control, could someone tell me why I can not may come into menu? Are they perhaps the hotel TV, s or what am I doing wrong?
    Greetings Jan
  • 05-05-2009 6:18 AM In reply to

Re: Need help with Beocenter AV5 will not enter the MENU

Hi Jan

Your beostystem av5 are in so called hotel mode its because they dont want hotelguest to change anything but only be able to use basic thigs like volume change of channels etc.Contact a b&0 dealer or b&o themselves for a solution

regards

jan

• 05-05-2009 7:20 AM In reply to

Hi jan

I have the solution for you.Press standby and list at the same time on your beo4 remofe go to v.option press 1.The red led on the tv should now flicker to accept the change

regards

jan

• 05-05-2009 10:03 AM In reply to

• BegBeo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-23-2008
    • Stockholm - Sweden
    • Posts 60
    • Gold Member

Hey Birgerbum, thanks so much for your quick reply. Option 1 has been set but I can not enter the MENU. I have the details that you can turn off and on MENU, in the service mode but to enter the service mode, I have scarce Menu 00 GO and since MENU does not work, I can not enter the Service Mode. Do you know perhaps another way to get in Service Mode?
    Greetings Jan
  • 05-05-2009 10:57 AM In reply to

Hi Jan

Have you tried to use a beolink 1000 remote and press menu on that

regards

jan

• 05-05-2009 1:26 PM In reply to

• BegBeo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-23-2008
    • Stockholm - Sweden
    • Posts 60
    • Gold Member

Hi Jan, I have tried also with a BL1000, unfortunately, the same which will not enter the Menu. At the same time when I bought AV5, I have also bought MX4002 and also at them, you can not come in the MENU.

I will call tomorrow Bang Olufsen Denmark and consult with them if they can help me.

I think that we may have to be traded software on them?

I give when I have it running but is very grateful for all help I can get.
    regards
    Jan
  • 05-05-2009 4:54 PM In reply to

Hi Jan

Old swede I am also a swede was born in Stockholm I have a swedish sur name Fosselius,but now live in denmark  I can no longer the swedish language so we continue in english.My very good friend is a b&o dealer and his says that b&o never made special hotelmodels,so its a quistion about configuration probaly in sevice mode.and that he will give me an answer tomorrow

regards

jan

e that will give me an answer tomorrow about this issue.I  ask him if b&o has made special hotelmodels and hi saysno it just a matter of

• 05-06-2009 4:12 AM In reply to

• BegBeo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-23-2008
    • Stockholm - Sweden
    • Posts 60
    • Gold Member

Thank you Jan, it sounds good it is because, as I have purchased 11 pieces 7 of them are AV5 ch 4 pieces MX4002 and none of them can I get into the MENU. I await with great hope of your reply as your good friend gives you.

You can if you have time to look at my homepage www.begbeo.se
    I sell pre owned Bang & Olufsen

regards

jan

• 05-06-2009 10:34 AM In reply to

Hi Jan

I talked with my friend  he suggested this.Leave tv in standby press menu 0 0 Go and you should be in servicemenu,he suggest to go to business to business using arrow down press go and see what you can change there.Tv's for hotels are not sold by dealer's but from a special division at B&O,so he cant get much more information.If this does not work he thinks maybe they have special software

regards

jan

• 05-06-2009 12:39 PM In reply to

• BegBeo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-23-2008
    • Stockholm - Sweden
    • Posts 60
    • Gold Member

Hi Jan, thank you for your reply. Today I opened MX4000QU and find the original software on the inside technician who had built Hotel software, was so kind as to leave the original software on the inside.
    Switched from the hotel to the original 4.4 software, I could get into the MENU.
    On the AV5 have they also changed the software to hotel software 1.1, but not be left the originals that are 3.4. Have attached pictures.
    Can your friend may arrange for me Software to 7 pieces Beocenter AV5?
    After I
  • 05-06-2009 4:05 PM In reply to

Hi Jan

I will try to ask him but as I see it you ned 2 chips per AV5 that is 14 do you think it,s worth the price I don't think they are cheap knowing b&o prices and the dealer will no doubt make a profit.

regards

jan

• 05-06-2009 4:24 PM In reply to

• BegBeo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-23-2008
    • Stockholm - Sweden
    • Posts 60
    • Gold Member

Hi Jan
    It is 2 pieces per TV becomes 14. Please ask your friend what I have to pay.
    I bought the AV5 very very cheap and I can imagine to pay this money as they want for the software.
    Otherwise, I måste throw them into electricity waste and I think this is the worst altarnativ, which can I imagine.
    regards

jan

• 05-07-2009 6:05 AM In reply to

Hi Jan

I suggest you byu 1 set and then copy thoses I know this can be done  with special equipment by maybe a electronic company.

regards

jan

• 05-07-2009 11:32 AM In reply to

Hi jan

I have a price for you it's 380,-dk kr I think is't a set I am not sure before monday + shipping but that cannot be much

regards

jan

• 05-07-2009 7:02 PM In reply to

Hej jan

Please answer me if I have to go on with this

regards

jan

• 05-08-2009 1:45 PM In reply to

• BegBeo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-23-2008
    • Stockholm - Sweden
    • Posts 60
    • Gold Member

Hi Jan, thank you very much for your help. Have the chance to buy the software here in Stockholm and want to wait with your friend's offer. Do you know what ARTICLE NUMBER Software have?
    regards
    jan
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)