in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-04-2009 6:51 PM by ed7. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-04-2009 8:02 AM

Share Price & prospects for B&O

B&O shares traded at around €100 for a long time 2006-7 then they dropped to around €10 at the beginning of April 09 and are now at €5. What does this say about the prospects for B&O. Are B&O owners so impressed with their equipment that they are also rushing in to buy the shares at these bargain prices, or do they share the apparent market view that in the recession B&O products are not going to restore profits?

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 05-04-2009 9:03 AM In reply to

Re: Share Price & prospects for B&O

It says that B&O has removed the barrier between A and B shares, and that the share-split in connection with a recapitalization caused a restatement of share value from €10 to €5. But yes, the fall from the top quotes has been precipitous and with the world economy in the state it's in, I'm certain it's quite a challenge to achieve profitability.

• 05-04-2009 9:19 AM In reply to

• plagente
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Albi (France)
    • Posts 137
    • Silver Member

soundproof:
    But yes, the fall from the top quotes has been precipitous and with the world economy in the state it's in, I'm certain it's quite a challenge to achieve profitability.

Better to say : It's quite a challenge to survive...

http://p-lagente.blogspot.com/

• 05-04-2009 6:25 PM In reply to

As expressed in another thread, this has got to be the best time for Apple to buy-out B&O and to use the B&O design expertise and retail network. It's got to be likely that someone will buy B&O and move production to a cheaper mass-produced base. Better that it happened with Apple!

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 05-04-2009 6:51 PM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Then will be a rotten apple,i really hope b&o will pull though this-time but i am doubtful??????????!, .Imho they lost touch with their core customer ,they spent too much effort chasing multi- millionaires,which incidentally not that daft!!!.I  wish  for example could make their speaker more adaptable/integrated with other tv set i will buy one tomorrow,cause i gave-up on their tvs(my personal choice)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)