in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-04-2009 7:15 AM by Puncher. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-02-2009 2:39 PM

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

dealer's margin

I heard b&o about to cut the dealers margin or about to do so!!, is that correct!!!Unsure

• 05-02-2009 2:57 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: dealer's margin

Not true.  Prices (in the UK at least) will increase by 10% at the beginning of June though...

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-02-2009 3:22 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

9 LEE:

Not true.  Prices (in the UK at least) will increase by 10% at the beginning of June though...

Lee

You're kidding? 10%? That's going to add nearly another grand to a specced-up BV7-40?! Bizarre to be adding such a big price increase to your key products in a recession. A BV7-40, with stand and 7.2/7.4 is going to be nearly £10K. Am I right?

• 05-02-2009 3:45 PM In reply to

moxxey:

You're kidding? 10%? That's going to add nearly another grand to a specced-up BV7-40?! Bizarre to be adding such a big price increase to your key products in a recession. A BV7-40, with stand and 7.2/7.4 is going to be nearly £10K. Am I right?

Well, look at the currency rates - DKK is quite tightly fixed to euro and £ has been plummeting. If B&O tried to keep the £ pricing where it is, they would be taking the 10% hit themselves everywhere...

-mika

• 05-02-2009 4:54 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

B&O have taken a 27% hit actually.  The dealers taking 10% of it is an unavoidable disaster...

It may create a little flurry of sales as people take the plunge before the prices go up, but i wouldn't like to be an official dealer when they have.

I'm all for the rubbish dealers going to the wall, but what really pains me is that i'm seeing some genuinely good dealers on the brink of closure that are a real asset to the brand.  I hope they can see themselves through the price rises, and i hope B&O show support in the only way they can - great new products.

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-02-2009 6:19 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Good lord, I've just figured my planned BV7-40 MKIV panel update will have an RRP £600 more expensive than the current RRP, when it's released in July. Dealer won't accept a pre-order as it can't be ordered!

Lee, I doubt we'll see too many people rush out and order in the next few weeks (and almost no-one will know). I don't envy someone walking in to their local store on the 2nd of July, after saving hard to get together £8800 to buy their BV7-40 MKIV, only to find it's risen to nearly £9700 ;)

• 05-02-2009 7:40 PM In reply to

The dealers can place orders from Sat 2nd May.

• 05-03-2009 1:42 AM In reply to

moxxey:

Good lord, I've just figured my planned BV7-40 MKIV panel update will have an RRP £600 more expensive than the current RRP, when it's released in July. Dealer won't accept a pre-order as it can't be ordered!

BV7 40 MKIV is available to order now as mentioned above, but in fact the price for this TV goes up on May 8th, apparantly there has been some confusion over the correct pricing at launch, so if you want your new screen at the current price you better get your order in before Friday.

• 05-03-2009 4:12 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

meandmyshadow:

BV7 40 MKIV is available to order now as mentioned above, but in fact the price for this TV goes up on May 8th, apparantly there has been some confusion over the correct pricing at launch, so if you want your new screen at the current price you better get your order in before Friday.

Ah, thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do this week then.

• 05-03-2009 5:23 AM In reply to

10k for a 40" lcd

is it april 1st again ??

popgear is grate™

• 05-03-2009 6:21 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Flappo The Grate:

10k for a 40" lcd

is it april 1st again ??

Thinking about it, the BV7-40's price now makes the BV8-40 look like a 'bargain' !

• 05-03-2009 6:26 AM In reply to

i still want one , it's just that £10k is looking a tad daft

£7.5k was almsot justifiable in the rarified craziness of bno land , but 10k - in this recession - with all the competition..

i recall bno tv's used to be expensive but not THAT expensive , maybe three times as much as a sony , now it's just gone bananas

ie; the avant was £5k when a top of the range sony was c. £1700 

popgear is grate™

• 05-03-2009 6:29 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

Flappo The Grate:

10k for a 40" lcd

is it april 1st again ??

Thinking about it, the BV7-40's price now makes the BV8-40 look like a 'bargain' !

Whistle No comments enough said Surprise in the past

how much is the bv8-40??

• 05-03-2009 11:10 AM In reply to

@Flappo, your currency is in shambles. I used to pay 2$ per pound, not thats just 1.5 and I am guessing it is similar for the Euro.

Sony & Samsung probably just sit it out and catch up by not giving price reductions on components on to the consumer or you may see even a slight increase.

I would think it will stay like this for a bit so they have to do something.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-03-2009 12:18 PM In reply to

Flappo The Grate:

10k for a 40" lcd

is it april 1st again ??

Actually the TV will be around £6500 with DVD but of course you may require stand and speaker options and a remote control, depending on your existing equipment.  But if you're starting from scratch with a table stand, bl4000's and a beo4 you'll still be looking around £9000 and if you choose the non DVD version it'll be about £1500 less.

• 05-03-2009 12:28 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

meandmyshadow:

Actually the TV will be around £6500 with DVD but of course..

Most people will need a speaker and some kind of stand. It's rare to see a BV7 on display at a dealer, without a stand. It's even more rare to sell without a 7.2 or 7.4.

Of course, the lack of a DVD will save a lot of money, but then we get in to another debate about the 'value' of a SD DVD at £1500 !!

• 05-03-2009 1:33 PM In reply to

moxxey:

meandmyshadow:

Actually the TV will be around £6500 with DVD but of course..

Most people will need a speaker and some kind of stand. It's rare to see a BV7 on display at a dealer, without a stand. It's even more rare to sell without a 7.2 or 7.4.

Of course, the lack of a DVD will save a lot of money, but then we get in to another debate about the 'value' of a SD DVD at £1500 !!

It might not have been the norm so far but even B&O have been marketing the BV7 range as a tailored option on the main site, suggesting that you don't need the 7.x to have the TV, unlike when it was first launched when you had no choice.

I think they realised that some people may already have a sound system like bs3000 and bl6000 and therefore they will only need the TV and a stand option and even that doesn't have to be B&O because STB brackets make wall brackets, so it's only a point that there are other options and that the TV doesn't have to be 10K. 

• 05-03-2009 1:56 PM In reply to

i have a pair of bl6k's so that should help keep the £££ down

then again , you only live once !

bv7/40 here i come ! :)

popgear is grate™

• 05-03-2009 3:51 PM In reply to

moxxey:

meandmyshadow:

Ah, thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do this week then.

When you say you are in for a panel update ... do you mean a new model update? How can just the panel be updated? Am I missing something? Is this a BV5 in disguise? They could get panel updates.

• 05-03-2009 4:01 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

The_Beonic_Man:

When you say you are in for a panel update ... do you mean a new model update? How can just the panel be updated? Am I missing something? Is this a BV5 in disguise? They could get panel updates.

BV7-40 MKIII (which we own) -> BV7-40 MKIV (out soon). I don't need to update the 7.4, stand and so on. Just swap out the panel.

• 05-03-2009 4:33 PM In reply to

Are there more things improved or only the panel??

• 05-03-2009 4:40 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

koning:

By 'panel' I mean the TV unit (not the stand, speaker and so on). Who knows if the LCD screen will be improved, over and above the 100Hz feature.

• 05-03-2009 6:43 PM In reply to

moxxey:

koning:

By 'panel' I mean the TV unit (not the stand, speaker and so on). Who knows if the LCD screen will be improved, over and above the 100Hz feature.

So what price are we looking at for this 'little' exchange?

• 05-03-2009 6:46 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

The_Beonic_Man:

Absolutely no idea. Dealer (you know who) won't commit to giving me a price. If they won't, I'll call around a few dealers. As it's a panel swap, it's an easy job.

BTW Simon, I have absolutely no idea if the MKIV will offer a visual improvement over the MKIII. I'm preparing myself for a disappointment, as I don't think it will be much improved.

• 05-04-2009 1:54 AM In reply to

moxxey:

The_Beonic_Man:

Absolutely no idea. Dealer (you know who) won't commit to giving me a price. If they won't, I'll call around a few dealers. As it's a panel swap, it's an easy job.

BTW Simon, I have absolutely no idea if the MKIV will offer a visual improvement over the MKIII. I'm preparing myself for a disappointment, as I don't think it will be much improved.

If it's anything like the bv8 40 (and it should be the same LCD panel) then it will be a vast improvement, I saw the DVB pictiure on the bv 8 at the weekend and it was incredible, it was the snooker and looked very natural.  I also saw SKY HD and an Xbox through the same TV and was very impressed, if this is the standard that has been set, my Avant might get changed yet!

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >