in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-30-2009 11:56 AM by Puncher. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2009 3:33 AM

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

How many folk are still missing the formatting options when composing posts?

When I compose a post (using IE7 & now IE8) a lot of the text formatting options are missing from the top of the posting window. These can be recovered if I briefly flip to one of the other tabs ("Options", "Video" etc.) and back.

I understand this is some sort of caching issue and it isn't really a show stopper, but it would be nice to have it resolved.

Is this the same for everyone else (including users of other browsers)?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-30-2009 3:41 AM In reply to

Re: How many folk are still missing the formatting options when composing posts?

I am using Firefox and did not experienced this.

Quoi de mieux qu'un BeoLab 2 ? 2 BeoLab 2 !

• 04-30-2009 4:53 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: How many folk are still missing the formatting options when composing posts?

No problems on Safari either!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-30-2009 5:17 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I'm the same as you Puncher.
    I tend to use control B for bold etc.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-30-2009 5:21 AM In reply to

Ah, the problems with Windows, eh?  Wink

All us Mac users are fine. Stick out tongue

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-30-2009 5:35 AM In reply to

Puncher:

When I compose a post (using IE7 & now IE8) a lot of the text formatting options are missing from the top of the posting window. These can be recovered if I briefly flip to one of the other tabs ("Options", "Video" etc.) and back.

I understand this is some sort of caching issue and it isn't really a show stopper, but it would be nice to have it resolved.

Me too and I'm now using IE8

Careful Puncher or you will give the Mac users their first real reason to be pleased with themselves..............Oh! Too late.....they are at it already!

Regards Graham

• 04-30-2009 5:54 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

Puncher:

Me too and I'm now using IE8

Careful Puncher or you will give the Mac users their first real reason to be pleased with themselves..............Oh! Too late.....they are at it already!

Makes a change from them whining about the other 95% of the world ignoring them!Laughing

• 04-30-2009 6:56 AM In reply to

I don't have this problems, I'm using Firefox ...

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 04-30-2009 8:41 AM In reply to

nmartin771:

The buttons work for me with Firefox 3.0.10 (and other minor revisions) on Windows Vista and 2000 (edit: Linux as well). But another new problem is that most of the smilies won't render unless I add whitespace after them, and the same goes for most hyperlinks - if it is alone on a line, it won't appear. And both of them sometimes need multiple preview-compose-preview movements until they appear at all.

Actually, the only thing that got better compose-wise for me with the upgrade was that I can now post with my Nokia E90. Preview won't work and all the newlines get lost, but otherwise it's useable...

And the pages losing the scroll position with each reload (probably another cacheing problem) is really getting to eat my nerves, especially on Wednesdays©...

-mika

• 04-30-2009 8:53 AM In reply to

I am having the problem on IE7 on PC.

Safari on Mac is fine.

• 04-30-2009 8:54 AM In reply to

tournedos:

nmartin771:

The buttons work for me with Firefox 3.0.10 (and other minor revisions) on Windows Vista and 2000 (edit: Linux as well). But another new problem is that most of the smilies won't render unless I add whitespace after them, and the same goes for most hyperlinks - if it is alone on a line, it won't appear. And both of them sometimes need multiple preview-compose-preview movements until they appear at all.

Actually, the only thing that got better compose-wise for me with the upgrade was that I can now post with my Nokia E90. Preview won't work and all the newlines get lost, but otherwise it's useable...

And the pages losing the scroll position with each reload (probably another cacheing problem) is really getting to eat my nerves, especially on Wednesdays©...

I'm using Opera mini on my Nokia E90 and sometimes I can not post ....

But with default nokia browser everything working fine but slow.

My safari on my Mac working really odd, I don't have font's, smiles, font size ....

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 04-30-2009 11:07 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Puncher & JandyT, just start using firefox - end of your problem.

tournedos:

I too share Mika's sentiments on the scroll issue. I know Punchers way around it is to turn the thread upside down via options but that would annoy me on new threads. Every other internet page manages this apart from the here. Is the repair of this a possibilty or is it a definate no?

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 04-30-2009 11:56 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Stonk:

Puncher & JandyT, just start using firefox - end of your problem.

........ and work around the issue??Surprise

Oh I couldn't do that - I have to continue being a martyr until it is successfully resolvedBig Smile (bit like owning a BV7)Whistle

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)