in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-05-2009 11:07 AM by PD. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-29-2009 11:27 AM

Original boxes/packaging

Hi all im new to this forum and live in the UK but im moving to north cyprus and im looking for original boxes for:

28in Avant, (VCR)

Beo lab Penta. !!!???

Beo lab 8000,

Beo lab 4000,

Overture,

and subwoofer. Im also looking for information and advise on any shipping agents.

Thanks for any help you may have.

tootie

• 04-29-2009 12:01 PM In reply to

Re: Original boxes/packaging

your dealer can get you the packaging for these products, not that expensive from memory

malcolm welborn

• 04-29-2009 12:49 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

malcolm welborn:

your dealer can get you the packaging for these products, not that expensive from memory

malcolm welborn

When I ordered the packaging for my BV3-32 when we were moving house. It cost me £35, not bad compared to the price of the TV.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-29-2009 5:45 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

tootie:

Hi all im new to this forum and live in the UK but im moving to north cyprus and im looking for original boxes for:

Im also looking for information and advise on any shipping agents.

No need for boxes. Just put a address label on them! Big Smile

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/18922.aspx?PageIndex=1

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 04-29-2009 6:02 PM In reply to

You won't get Penta boxes from a UK dealer - I moved last month and asked three separate dealers and all confirmed they were NLA.

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 04-30-2009 5:47 AM In reply to

Thanks everybody for replies,

I think im gonna have to sell my penta's in the UK and get some BL1 from the south when i move.

Problem is i just cant let them go but i dont want to take the risk!

My only other option is to hire a van and drive everything over myself.Hmm

tootie

• 04-30-2009 6:51 AM In reply to

To tell the truth, the original packaging may not be that safe after all for shipping of individual units - when the stuff is shipped from the factory warehouse, they are on multiple unit pallets, probably wrapped together, thus safe to move around with fork trucks, and of course the cargo is "controlled". When you put a lone unit away in the box, it gets thrown around among other assorted parcels and is much more susceptible to hits on the package, and they were not designed to handle that.

Perhaps you could ask a local undertaker for a pair of unfashionable, but well padded coffins? Laughing

-mika

• 04-30-2009 7:29 AM In reply to

Now there's a thought!HmmLaughing

• 04-30-2009 11:51 AM In reply to

Not so sure Mika - I had my Pentas shipped from Sweden to the UK in their original boxes and they arrived in mint condition!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 05-01-2009 6:09 AM In reply to

i had my stuff shipped from uk to canary isles no problems all in containers and im still using the boxes

malcolm

• 05-01-2009 10:53 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

BL1 packaging is WOEFUL!!!!!!!!! Be aware of that! Theydo not provide sufficient protection from dumb-*** couriers. All they are is a little bit of polysteirene in a thin cardboard coffin, very long and thin, 50% chance they'll be intruded. One of mine was, and i have the biggest headache from UPS for not being helpful re: insurance claim for damage. placing original boxes in an equal sized plywood case (=or whatever you like) is safest and smartest.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-01-2009 3:11 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

tootie:

I would do that.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 05-02-2009 9:33 AM In reply to

j0hnbarker:

Not so sure Mika - I had my Pentas shipped from Sweden to the UK in their original boxes and they arrived in mint condition!

Well of course there are some luckier, and some not so lucky shipments. There are actually a couple of original Penta boxes on German eBay (pickup only, though...): link

As I see it, there is practically no extra protection on the areas between the styrofoam brackets. If something sharp hits there, it will go straight through the cardboard.

Here we have a box that came from Sweden as well. Do I see the markings from twin tires, or did they just decide to make it sure by driving over it another time...? Laughing

-mika

• 05-02-2009 11:59 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

tournedos:

j0hnbarker:

Well of course there are some luckier, and some not so lucky shipments. There are actually a couple of original Penta boxes on German eBay (pickup only, though...): link

As I see it, there is practically no extra protection on the areas between the styrofoam brackets. If something sharp hits there, it will go straight through the cardboard.

Here we have a box that came from Sweden as well. Do I see the markings from twin tires, or did they just decide to make it sure by driving over it another time...? Laughing

whoa , that is insane

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-02-2009 9:12 PM In reply to

Thanks very much for finding me that on ebay!!!!

tootie

• 05-05-2009 11:07 AM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

tootie:

tootie

you don't want to drive over them, you'll break them. *ahem* sorry. teeheehee. Stick out tongue

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)