in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-11-2009 5:43 PM by beojeff. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-29-2009 4:55 AM

Timer Function and Christmas songs

Hello.

Does anybody know how to get the Timer function for BS5 to also start the speakers connected to the BM5? I have a BL7-32 who starts the BM5 on my linked MX4002 and BL2000 but how to get the sound also in my BL8000s connected directly to BM5?

I also get Christmas songs when the MOTS function is on. Does anybody know how to switch that off? Do the songs need any special tag or what?

Brgds Ingvar

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 04-29-2009 7:30 AM In reply to

Re: Timer Function and Christmas songs

I was just thinking the same thing about the Christmas music. It would be nice if B&O would add an option to "omit from MOTS" under the clean-up function. Otherwise, I might just remove all of my Christmas music until December.

• 05-07-2009 7:27 AM In reply to

This news regarding BeoSound 5 was just released 5/5/09. It seems that B&O is indeed planning to allow an "omit from MOTS" option to deal with the Christmas music problem. Other interesting updates are on the way as well.

Information regarding known issues on BeoSound 5 and BeoMaster 5

Top issues that are according to product specifications and that were solved in a software update in week 10, 2009:

·
    Support for Compilation Album - e.g. an album with tracks from various albums was shown in Cover view as one cover per track. Compilation albums are now shown in Cover view as one cover per album
      ·
    Improved MOTS - reduced risk of getting the same track several times in a row
      ·
    BeoPlayer/BeoPort 5.01 are now compatible with both BeoMedia 1 and BeoMaster 5
      ·
    Software update will in future take place automatically twice a week (Wednesday and Sunday)

Top issues which are planned to be implemented in a software update launched duringsummer 2009:

·
    Source Name - Certain customers wish to have BeoSound 5 play e.g. N.Radio when pressing Radio on the remote. This correction will make it possible to associate remote control commands with BeoSound 5 sources
      ·
    Auto software update notification (on-screen notice to customer that an update has been made)
      ·
    Exclude from MOTS – excluding individual tracks or albums from MOTS calculations and queue generation

Top issues which are planned to be implemented in software updates launched during autumn and winter 2009:

·
    Easy wireless set-up - Installing a BeoMaster 5 in a wireless set-up requires a lot of manual work with only little guidance supplied. This correction will facilitate the set-up of wireless installations
      ·
    Improved suspend/resume functionality - In a set-up with both a BeoSound 5 and a TV, the TV will switch off when BeoSound 5 is switched on (e.g. by turning the wheel). This correction will prevent the TV from switching off unless GO is pressed. This will make navigation on BeoSound 5 possible while watching TV, and the TV will only switch off when the selected content is activated on BeoSound 5
      ·
    RF distribution / video shifting - Making it possible to select the PC command in the TV link room and get the same user experience on the link room TV as on the main room TV
      ·
    Progress indicators for MOTS calculations
      ·
    New software client - plug-ins for Windows Media Player and iTunes on PC as alternative to BeoPlayer

Top issues that are according to product specifications and that will be prioritized and considered candidates for future software releases:

·
    N.Music/N.Radio navigation on TV - possibility of navigating through the music collection on the TV screen
      ·
    Fast forward and rewind in N.Music
      ·
    Access to content stored other places in the network - e.g. NAS-drive, server, USB-HDD etc.
      ·
    Backward compatibility with older Bang & Olufsen televisions - possibility of connecting and using BeoMaster 5 together with older televisions that do not "understand" the PC command
      ·
    Support for Asian character sets
      ·
    TV sound (option 1.1 & 2.2) - Possibility to play TV sound in the speakers connected to BeoMaster 5
      ·
    Link room support - possibility to place BeoSound 5 in a link room in option 5 or 6

These are the issues which have been reported primarily from markets worldwide. Therefore, please keep reporting issues every time a customer asks for product specification changes. Only by reporting these issues to your local product support, we can consider the issues as candidates for future software releases.

• 05-09-2009 1:41 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

I know some will be disappointed that there isn't more on the list but quite frankly I find it encouraging that so much is.

-Michael

• 05-09-2009 8:03 PM In reply to

I am still waiting for Apple lossless. If that does not come, at least gapless for something that is not recorded in wav lossless which I couldnt do from a mac.

I know it sound unimportant but I listen to a lot of mixed compilations and live recordings

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-09-2009 10:41 PM In reply to

I agree.  Apple lossless should be a priority.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 05-11-2009 5:43 PM In reply to

It's very promising to see that B&O seems to be listening to our wish lists regarding features/improvements in the Beosound 5 software.

There are two minor improvements that I'm glad to see B&O is planning: (1) The option to program the BS5 to use other function buttons such as the A.Mem hard button on the Beo4. Also (2) the ability for us to browse the BS5 to select the music before switching from video to BS5.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)