in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-29-2009 6:45 AM by Emil. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-29-2009 4:04 AM

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

BeoSound 5 is there !

Here is just one photo of the new set-up.

More to come...

• 04-29-2009 4:43 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoSound 5 is there !

Hi Steph. Envious of your stuff, but in my opinion the way you have it displayed does not exploit its beauty. It looks like a rather old fashioned top-of-tv setup of picture frame with 2 vases each side. In my view, better to display the stuff off the tv and perhaps on a glass shelf. Finally, the distance apart of the speakers will not produce a very effective stereo soundstage.

Sorry if this sounds so critical, I don't mean to offend you, it's just a personal opinion and probably others will disagree.

Good luck with it anyway.

Smile 

• 04-29-2009 5:03 AM In reply to

Looks great! but I would possibly look at wall mounting all three? Have to admit I am becoming a closet fan...

I was at B&O Liverpool recently (Huge thumbs up to Nick & co) and saw the BS5... have to say I was impressed, very impressed and like many have said, the BS5 has to be seen to be appreciated.  Also pleasantly surprised about its size and form, actually works quite well..

• 04-29-2009 5:39 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply,

in fact, it's a temporary set-up.

I'm waiting for the Home-Cinema set-up to put the BS5/BM5 in and get a full digital system.

And i'm very busy to convert all the CD in Lossless ! Stick out tongue

You're right Kokomo, i don't get a superb sound stage because of the location of the speakers.

But for the moment, it's OK and i delight to play with the wheels... ! Embarrassed

• 04-29-2009 6:42 AM In reply to

Hi,

I must admit I get a bit jealous of you, but for the moment my BM1 will have to do. Maybe I change my mind during next year, but I need more than a beautiful piece of B&O-design to motivate the buy, at least when it comes to the price tag attached to this one, especially given the BM1 that fulfills most of my needs. Stick out tongue

Would be cool to see you final set up!! Cool

• 04-29-2009 6:45 AM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

I see no cables (nor the BM5) so you have certainly done a good job with the installation so far. I would really love to see some more pictures of your setup and, if possible, a short descripton where you have hidden all the undesired stuff.

Inflagrante

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)