in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-03-2009 8:59 PM by Dave. 39 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2009 1:36 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

Re: B&O made some promisses...and makes me angry

Mr10Percent:

Errr. Hang on a minute,

I have reviewed this thread and re-tested a number of albums on the BS5 and CD that I have and looked into this galpless issue once more. These include live albums, classical compositions and progressive albums like The Wall.

All I can say is that the "gap" between tracks on the BS5 is the same as it was on the original CD.  i.e. If there is no apparent "gap" in say clapping/appluase between CD tracks on th CD, the BS5 appears on my recordings to play the same. Where "Live" albums have been stitched together from separate live recordings (or from a different recording source at the same venue), then you hear that (or the sound engineers attempt to blend the two) on both the CD and the BS5.

Of course, there may be an issue with ripping CD's at lower bit-rates which reveals a "gap" more explicitly. I dont know.  

My 2 cents.

10%

Because everything is ripped in 320 AAC I also tried to re-rip a live CD from Arena in wma lossless and on some tracks I didn't have the gap on others there was a small 'hesitation' which could be heard. Indeed it's better in lossless and depending on how it was recorded but still not worth 5000 euro.

Today I received another answer from Beocare telling me that they don't have enough complaints from the market in order to prioritise this issue but they do agree this is an issue.

They also said that this was never communicated to the dealers this issue would be solved. Good to know for future buyers!

• 04-30-2009 10:00 PM In reply to

Mr10Percent:

jldmelb:
    Hey Mr10Percent, do you like living in a Ford Transit? LaughingLaughingLaughing

...go on.

Am I missing a bit of wit here?

hehe your location states 'In Transit' Stick out tongue

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 04-30-2009 11:12 PM In reply to

>>Today I received another answer from Beocare telling me that they don't have enough complaints from the market in order to prioritise this issue but they do agree this is an issue.<<

This is not something most people will ask for when they buy the product. Also, it's not really relevant for enjoying MOTS. But, if you listen to compilations (which prob younger people then their average customer do more) and live recordings then this frustrates big time.

For me READ IT B&O ... this is is show stopper .... I remember when I switched from Sony MD Player to Ipod how frustrated I was ...

I wont give gapless and no 2 way up for MOTS, that is for sure. In fact I am not even in a hurry to take the demo on the product until both items are fixed ...... I don't want to waste my dealers time. I do agree though that there may be other issues to fix, i.e. christmas music being picked up by MOTS in the middle of summer.

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-01-2009 3:44 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Right now I`m listening to James Taylor`s Live Album (disc 1) played by the BS5. It`s played gapless with absolutely NO interruption, break, hesitation or whatever..... just the same as from CD. One thing that happens between two songs: Cover and title disappear from display then cover and new title appear. The album is ripped in lossless format.

For the 2 way issue I think you could do the "itunes-ipodtouch-trick", as known from the BM1. Worked great on my BM1. I didn`t install itunes on my BM5, because I`m using MOTS alot and I love it - Yes, Xmas music is a problem from January to November.

Stefan

• 05-01-2009 4:49 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

In that case I have to retry and rip a couple of my cd's in lossless again. Thank you for the support! Some of you should be sitting at the Beocare side.

• 05-03-2009 5:52 AM In reply to

you're lucky you didn't buy a philips

my first philips actually exploded in a puff of back smoke and my last one , gawd knows why i bought another one , did likewise

they may invent some amazing stuff , but their quality control is terrible

popgear is grate™

• 05-03-2009 8:18 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Flappo The Grate:

..exploded in a puff of back smoke..

What do you do with your stuff Flappo? You said you've had three PS3s, too, due to quality/production issues?

I've never had these issues, but I've had more sw related issues with my B&O equipment than anything else. So, all 'swings and roundabouts' as they say.

• 05-03-2009 10:25 AM In reply to

The Gap issue happens with MP3 and AAC.

If you record wav gapless it doesn't happen, that is true. Trouble is, you can't do WAV from an Apple Mac and many of us do use just that.

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-03-2009 2:03 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

The James Taylor Live album I mentioned above was ripped in wma lossless by Beoplayer and transferred directly to the BM5 from my Mac mini.

The Mac mini works as a client to the BM5 - wireless via an airport station. I have also Beoconnect, itunes, Beo5 Config. Tool, Lintronic`s Configurator installed on the Mac. There is also a Macbook and a second Mac mini in my wife`s office that work in the same way. So all of us could use that.

Stefan

• 05-03-2009 2:22 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

Is there a difference ripping wma lossless in beoplayer or in WMP?

• 05-03-2009 2:31 PM In reply to

jldmelb:

Mr10Percent:

jldmelb:

...go on.

Good grief - try not to worry jldmelb. 10% must have flown abroad for a package self-depreciation by-pass. Oh well....

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 05-03-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

hows johnny vegas . mr 10% ?

Big Smile

popgear is grate™

• 05-03-2009 4:27 PM In reply to

Beogen:
    Is there a difference ripping wma lossless in beoplayer or in WMP?

There may be a difference in the meta-tags (Name, Artist Name, Album...) but not in the quality as in both case the quality is identical to the original.

I think that Beoplayer uses WMP in the background anyway, so it is problably the same.

p.

• 05-03-2009 8:31 PM In reply to

j0hnbarker:

jldmelb:

Mr10Percent:

jldmelb:

...go on.

Good grief - try not to worry jldmelb. 10% must have flown abroad for a package self-depreciation by-pass. Oh well....

I'm sure he'll figure it out one day.........Wink

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 05-03-2009 8:59 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I always understood that in transit for him meant those are always the words he is always seeing in wait for hos B&O to arrive. That's me knowing that he travels with his B&O alot >>> ?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2