in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-03-2009 10:01 AM by beojeff. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-27-2009 4:59 PM

BeoSound 5 co-existing with BeoCenter 2

I'm so pleased that B&O designed the BeoSound 5 to function harmoniously with the BeoCenter 2 and other audio masters. They really do serve completely different functions and complement one another very well.

• 04-27-2009 5:17 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 5 co-existing with BeoCenter 2

I'm afraid I'm a bit "orientation challenged." If anyone cares to re-post the photo in the proper orientation, I would appreciate the help!

• 04-28-2009 3:01 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

And yet, seeing them side by side like that screams to me that they should have been a single unit! - I guess it proves yet again that everyone's tastes and requirements are different.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-29-2009 11:02 PM In reply to

Yes. I am hoping that the rumored 2way remote will work withoout BS5, just on the BM5. I don think I really need the BS5 in my setup ....

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 04-29-2009 11:21 PM In reply to

Puncher:

And yet, seeing them side by side like that screams to me that they should have been a single unit! - I guess it proves yet again that everyone's tastes and requirements are different.

I remember how excited we all were at the launch of the BC2 ... and yet when I played with it I was never seduced

But the BS5 on the other hand (no pun intended) is so damn sexy that I could play with it for hours

And even SWMBO loves it and at a recent after hours B&O function was demonstrating it to other wives !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-03-2009 7:57 AM In reply to

• petja
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-15-2007
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

i do agree ... my BS5 stays next to BC2 on the wall.  it's a bit irretating to see them together next to each other.  Squarea and oval...  i think we do need a triangle remote to finish the picture Big Smile

Filed under: ,
  • 05-03-2009 8:39 AM In reply to

Petja,

I'm interested in seeing a photo posted of your setup. I, too, have been interested in doing a wall-mount. However, I'm settling for sitting the units on the brushed aluminum B&O cabinets until I find the time to do the wall-mounting. I would have preferred to see B&O continue with the oval design, but at least the materials and colors still complement the BC2 and the BS9000. I intentionally selected the two brushed aluminum B&O cabinets to have different heights and angles in order to play upon the contrast of the BS5 and BC2. I should think that a wall-mounted BS5 and BS9000 would look even nicer together.

With the BM5/BS5 being a computer and hard drive unit, it is inevitable that someday the hard drive will crash and the unit will need servicing. At least with two audio masters we will still have a backup music source during the servicing. Sad to already be thinking of a hard drive crash, but it WILL happen eventually.

• 05-03-2009 9:52 AM In reply to

• petja
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-15-2007
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

something like that...  hate wires though.. it took ages for me to make it accurate and properly to hide it away from my sight...

if BS5 could be wirless unit, i'd love to put is as a large remote in my dining room or anywhere else apart from the main system, which hidden in cabinets behind the wall in my kitchen space

Filed under: , ,
  • 05-03-2009 10:01 AM In reply to

Bravo, Petja! Your efforts certainly paid off. I know how tricky the cable arrangement inside the BS5 mount is. That must have been quite frustrating and took a lot of patience.

P.S. I was just in my living room and thought of your comment regarding a triangle. I actually DO have a BeoLab 10, which is triangular, on the wall just a few feet from the BS5 and BC2!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)