in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-27-2009 7:25 PM by jramirez. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-26-2009 9:33 PM

Beocom 6000 Shutting Off When I Try To Use It

Hi B&O Members,

I can use your help with a weird situation. Recently, one of my 3 Beocoms 6000, the one in the base, shuts off every time I try to dial a call, answer a call, etc. I can power it back on and it will stay on until one of those things happens. The other two phones work fine, and the base has no problems. The only thing I can think of is the battery. Is odd because this is the phone that gets used the least.

Thanks,

Jose

• 04-27-2009 12:53 AM In reply to

• ProGram
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • NRW, Germany
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Re: Beocom 6000 Shutting Off When I Try To Use It

Hi, Jose,

so, you didn't change the batteries among each other?

Chris

• 04-27-2009 2:38 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Hi Jose,

As Chris states try switching the battery pack among the phones to see if the problem moves along with the battery pack. If the problem follows the battery pack, you will need a new one.

You can also try to remove the battery pack while the handset is turned on. This will reset the charging algorithm so it starts up from scratch charging the batteries to full voltage level. So - after removing and inserting the battery pack again you should let it charge for minimum 4 hours to get the charging algorithm back on track.

Best,
    Burnix

• 04-27-2009 3:41 AM In reply to

Burnix:

You can also try to remove the battery pack while the handset is turned on. This will reset the charging algorithm so it starts up from scratch charging the batteries to full voltage level. So - after removing and inserting the battery pack again you should let it charge for minimum 4 hours to get the charging algorithm back on track.

Best,
    Burnix

This is not the case on MKI handsets, to reset the charging info you have to key in 9 - # - 9 - # - 9 - * - 6 - 5 - 5 - OK, you should do this whenever you replace a battery in a Beocom 6000.

But I suspect that the fault is with the battery or the charging contacts.

• 04-27-2009 5:47 AM In reply to

Chris, Burmix & MeandMyShadow,

Thanks for your replies. No, I haven't tried switching the batteries but I'll do that. I removed the battery while on as Burmix recommended and the BC6000 is charging now. 

My phones are several years old so I probably have to use MMS suggestion of keying in
    9-#-9-#-9-*-6-5-5-OK. Will this reset the base and erase its contents?

I think the charging contacts are OK because I can leave the phone on, not on the base unit, and it remains on until I try to make a call, etc. So the battery seems to be holding the charge. 

Jose

• 04-27-2009 6:56 AM In reply to

jramirez:

My phones are several years old so I probably have to use MMS suggestion of keying in
    9-#-9-#-9-*-6-5-5-OK. Will this reset the base and erase its contents?

Jose

No, this will only reset the telephones charging data.

• 04-27-2009 9:27 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

meandmyshadow:

Burnix:

Best,
    Burnix

This is not the case on MKI handsets, to reset the charging info you have to key in 9 - # - 9 - # - 9 - * - 6 - 5 - 5 - OK, you should do this whenever you replace a battery in a Beocom 6000.

But I suspect that the fault is with the battery or the charging contacts.

My description is correct - believe me! Keying in the key combination is used for telling the handset that you have installed a brand new battery pack and the handset will treat it as that. Following my instruction result in the handset believing the batteries to be discharged.

There is a small difference in the two procedures which depending of the age of the batteries are of little concern.

Best,
    Burnix

• 04-27-2009 7:25 PM In reply to

Burnix,

I followed your suggestion of unplugging the battery and charging for 4 hours. The phone seems to be back to normal; I was able to make a call this afternoon without the phone shutting down.

Many, many thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

Jose

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)