in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-26-2009 12:36 PM by Beobird. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-26-2009 12:36 PM

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

Western Digital Tv on a Beovision 7

Last week a friend visited my home, and he was impressed by the beautifull full hd image from the Western Digital TV on my plasma. Yesteryday he visited me again, and he asked me if I can fix the same thing for him. His system:

Beovision 7 MKI

Beolab 8000, 4000, 2

Beosound 3200

The problem is that the Beovision 7 MKI has no hdmi and no spdif inputs. I can buy a hdmi->dvi cable to watch the image only, but that's without sound. The WD TV has got anolog 2.0 outs and a spdif digital out. He prefers the spdif digital out because he would like to use surround sound.

He will need a upgrade for his Beovision 7, but I don't know wich one, and what is best. He can upgrade his MKI to hd-ready and upgrade it with a surround module with spdif, but its $$$. Maybe it's better to bring the MKI back to the dealer, pay $$$ extra, and get the MKIII with hdmi and full hd. I don't know what I have to advise him (what will be the best bang for buck), can you give me advise ?

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)