in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-28-2009 12:28 PM by BeoLad. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2009 11:12 AM

Problem trying t update stbc table Bv7

Hi!

I have tried to update stbc table in a bv7 mkIII. But unfortunately I haven´t been sucessful. I have B&O service tool software and have created a stbc table. I have a cable from laptop-Bv7 (to mastelink socket). I followed instruktions but I cannot get an answer from tv. B&O servicetool says "waiting for signal from device". Any suggestions?

Best regards

hagan

• 04-25-2009 12:58 PM In reply to

Re: Problem trying t update stbc table Bv7

I am assuming that you are not a B&O service engineer?  My first thoughts are be careful with the software tool if you are not trained to use it.  But in answer to your question you should check that the correct com port is selected in thew service tool so that it is looking in the right place to receive the data.  Also double check that you have disabled the PIN code as this can cause several problems.  Are you useing a USB to Serial port converter? if so this could also be the problem, try reading information from BV7 before trying to write information to see if you get any further.

• 04-25-2009 3:09 PM In reply to

Hi!

No, I'm not a service engineer but actually got the tool from B&O because of my location.For sure one can make a mess with this tool but all I need is to update stbc list. I have to check the com port. I use serial port, not usb to serial.

regards

• 04-25-2009 3:13 PM In reply to

Hi again!

Just checked, no com port was selected. I think it'll work now. Anything else to worry about?

• 04-27-2009 8:06 AM In reply to

• tc0fh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

How can I get the service tool and what does it look like?

Regards,

Andrei

• 04-27-2009 12:40 PM In reply to

Hi!

It's a computer software for newer (flash update models, not chip) B&O Audio video. Actually you cannot get it if you are not a b&o service engineer. You can really damage your equipment with this tool. I got it from b&o  because of my location (on an island). It should not be distributed because it's not intended for customers

• 04-27-2009 3:55 PM In reply to

hagan:

Hi again!

Just checked, no com port was selected. I think it'll work now. Anything else to worry about?

No, nothing else, you should be fine now.

• 04-28-2009 12:28 PM In reply to

• BeoLad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2007
    • West Midlands
    • Posts 37
    • Bronze Member

When you say bv7 mk3 is it the 32 or 40?

When I did my 7-40 I did the H8 software first , then did an automatic software update there after, I am not sure but do you not have to use the PUC conncetion for the 7-32 if that is what it is?

I also apdated the STB table so it now only has:

thompson sky hd

pace sky hd

playstation 3

xbox 360

apple remote

tvix

virgin v+

thats everything I need at the moment and all the other rubbish is now gone

BeoLad

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)