in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-29-2009 4:53 PM by KCW. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-24-2009 10:02 PM

Pioneer Kuro 9G Beolab speakers.

I am sure this has been discussed before but after many searches I can't find the info I want. I have made the right or wrong move of getting a Pioneer Kuro (KRP-500M) thinking it shouldn't be a  big deal to connect to Beolab speakers. I am not that interested at this stage in a fill surround system just front stereo. I am wanting to get some Beolab 3's connected in an easy and inexpensive manner (not with a Beosystem 3). Could some one lead me to the right Page or give me a quick set up guide.

Thanks in advance

Justin

• 04-25-2009 7:32 AM In reply to

Re: Pioneer Kuro 9G Beolab speakers.

72 views and no response!?!

There must be a simple answer.....Can you use the TV "digital out" to speaker cable adaptor or do you have to use a bang and olufsen stereo to speaker option? I have a 9000. Will I have to wire it through that or can I get a TV/speaker only option?

Thanks

• 04-25-2009 8:05 AM In reply to

You said that you have BS9000 !

Than it is really easy,

.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { font-size: 10pt; font-family:Verdana } 

The non-B&O TV needs to have Audio Output sockets (RCA/Cinch) and the cable will connect from these sockets into the Aux socket on the BeoSound 9000.  You can play the sound from the TV through the Beolab speakers by pressing LIST until the display shows "A.Aux" then press GO

If you need this cable to connect tv to 9000 try

http://soundsheavenly.co.uk/bando-rca.htm

Steve is really nice guy, and he is also member of this forum !

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 04-25-2009 1:54 PM In reply to

The Pioneer matching speakers for the KRP-500M are well worth considering at the price - if you are not going to use a proper AV amp then I would stick with the Pioneer speakers instead of using the Beosound 9000 as a pass-through device.  All IMHO of course.

• 04-25-2009 4:17 PM In reply to

That kind of connections is done fairly often. I have the BL3 myself, they have a "line" switch so they do not necessary have to be connected through powerlink which carries the signal to switch speaker on and off.

If you have a BS9000 close by, I would under no way buy into the clutter that other speaker systems will be causing.

BL3 BS9000 and Kuro is a nice solution. The only time I would opt out of B&O speakers is when you desire a full surround system and do not want to invest into BS3 or a BV TV.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 04-26-2009 5:46 AM In reply to

Thanks very much guys.

The Pioneer doesn't have RCA jack outputs on the back only what I can describe as telephone jack outputs. Obviously on my foxtel box and Bluray player I can use the output RCA jacks but that requires a swap at the Beosound 9000 everytime I change my source. Is there a cable I can use from the "telephone jack thingy?" on the back of the TV to connect to Beosound. I cant find such a cable on sounds heavenly website.

Thanks again

JR

• 04-26-2009 9:34 AM In reply to

The "Telephone" jack thingy is not the right one, there should be a few HDMI ports.

Do you have the TV or the monitor?

I am guessing the monitor, with that one you need to connect the foxtel and blueray straight to BS. You might be able to find an automatic or manual switch so that you can connect multiple RCas to the BS.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 04-26-2009 9:43 AM In reply to

The Pioneer KRP-500/600M monitor's only output sockets are the custom connectors for the optional KRP-S04 speakers.

These speakers are designed to side mount on the panel,and would look unobtrusive.Pioneer's accessory speakers for their TVs are excellent quality,but obviously can not be compared to larger audiophile speakers.

The KRP-M's amplifier output is only 9W+9W.

The KRP-M is really designed to be incorporated in a Home Theatre system utilising a separate AV Receiver.

• 04-26-2009 4:15 PM In reply to

Hi JR,

Monitor-only TVs are always a problem, due to their very limited connection possibilities! Geeked In this case, the only audio output sockets on your Kuro are the powered custom outputs for the dedicated Pioneer speakers.  If you have the original cables for these with Pioneer's bespoke connectors, I would be happy to build you a set of attenuated line cables from these to allow you to connect these to a pair of Beolab speakers instead.  These cables reduce the signals back down to line level to allow direct connection to any Beolabs with Line input mode.

By the way, the "standard" full-TV spec version of the Kuro is fantastic!  I installed two (50" and 60") for a customer recently and I was blown away by the picture quality.  I think Pioneer have just raised the bar in HDTV displays even higher.....

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 04-29-2009 4:53 PM In reply to

• KCW
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Hi Justin,

I just saw this thread so thought will share some of my experiences with you.

I have a KRP600A, which has a separate media box with 4 HDMI input sockets and BSYS3 but the 2 systems are incompatible when one starts using HDMI.  Currently, I connect all audio - BS9000 via ML to the BSYS3 and my Pioneer LX91 BDP audio via Coaxial to BSYS3.  I use BL5s as front speakers, a pair of BL3 as centre and another pair of BL3 for rear.

For video, DVT is from BSYS3 with DVI to HDMI into the Pioneer media box and the LX91 video via HDMI into the Pioneer media box as well.  The KRP600 screen is connected to the media box with the new cable format called DisplayPort.

The picture quality is incredible as Steve of Sounds Heavenly stated, 'been blown away'

For remote control, I use both Beo4 and 5 and I have just ordered a Lintronic TT455-RT-238 universal signal converter (as kindly suggested by our Aussie forum member Corvin) to convert both the Pioneer KRP600 and the LX91 IR signal so that I can use the Beo4 and 5 to control the Pioneers.

In you case, I suggest you should consider getting a Pioneer AV amp such as the SC-LX71.  You could connect your KRP500M seemlessly into the SC-LX71 via HDMI.  If you only want to have stereo sound for the time being but retaining the BL3 speakers, these speakers can be connected to the pre-out on the SC-LX71.  Yo can also connect your BS9000 into the SC-LX71 via SPD/IF (coaxial).

Steve of Sounds Heavenly can custom make the BL3 cables (RCA to Powelink) and also the SPD/IF cable.  The volume on the BL3 can be controlled via the volume control on the SC-LX71. However, you would need to use the Beo4/5 to control your BS9000 such as loading of CD and pre-set output volume on the BS9000. 

At one stage, I was considering ditching the Bsys3 but after talking to various forum members, as I have BL5s for front and it has its own volume control, the use of SC-LX 71 is not that straight forward.  Couple with a good offer from my dealer, I have decided to retain the Bsys3.

I am very happy with the set up since I think for the video - I only watch Blu-Ray DVDs, it is better to pass the video signal directly from my LX91 player into the pioneer media box thereby negating the need to use the Bsys3 for intermediate processing.

Once I have the Lintronic set up, I could then use the Bo4/5 to control all the equipments.

If you are interested in the Pioneer AV, check it out on

http://www.1ststopav.com/ and they are very helpful bunch.  Below you will see the link to the rear view of the SC-LX71.

http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/sclx71/rearlrg.jpg

I hope this helps

KC 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)