in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-18-2009 7:04 AM by vikinger. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-21-2009 12:59 PM

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

B&O stock is going 50% down EDIT: up today :-);

Anybody who know that was happen with the B&O stock today?

From 80 danish kr. yesterday kr  to 40 Danish kr. this morning  kr.

That a fall on 50% only on a single nigh, What is that saying?

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=BO-B.CO#chart2:symbol=bo-b.co;range=5d;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

or

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BO-B.CO

• 04-21-2009 1:25 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Re: B&O stock is going 50% down today !

Listen the CEO on CNBC.

• 04-21-2009 1:51 PM In reply to

britops:

Listen the CEO on CNBC.

The video doesn't work for me, but in any case, that was last week's Tuesday with the interim report, in case somebody is wondering about the title - so that loss announcement has nothing to do with today's drop, it was already in the stock price.

Today (21st) is the first day of trading for the subscription rights for the new shares offering. The drop just reflects that this directed offering probably will not be a similar money making machine for shareholdes than Nordea Bank's similar offering a while back was - I believe this will even out so that if you (as a B&O shareholder) sell your subscription rights, you will have about the same amount of wealth you had before todays' drop, just a smaller share of the company...

-mika

• 04-21-2009 1:54 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

To Britops

All thist is welknown, - B&O loose money and need money,- lot of money.

I got a prospect last week where  I could buy a new  B&O stock to 29 danish kr.  For every one stock you own, I could buy two new to a price of 29 kr. each , That should bee called a good deal if the firm was in good shape.

To tournedos

That makes some kind of sense , but I olso think it must bee a huge loss for many shareholdere that dont  want to spend more money on B&O. I own one singel stoch that I bought to 600 danish kr for two yars ago, and I dont want to  loose or spend  more money in that game. Personaly I dont think that B&O  will surveieve , and maybee others feel the same and therefore  the price is going down.

• 04-21-2009 2:04 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Sorry my mistake. I searched CNBC for the latest B&O news, "in the last 24 hours". I thought it was today's interview.

• 04-21-2009 2:12 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Gett access to viewing, reading or downloading the new prospectus (the “Prospec-tus”) prepared by Bang & Olufsen a/s (“Bang & Olufsen”) in connection with a public offering of new B-shares with pre-emption rights for existing shareholders (the “Offered Shares”) and ad-mission to trading and official listing of the Offered Shares on Nasdaq OMX Copenhagen (the “Offering”).

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/issue-of-shares-2009

• 04-21-2009 2:36 PM In reply to

Bulgarien:

That makes some kind of sense , but I olso think it must bee a huge loss for many shareholdere that dont  want to spend more money on B&O. I own one singel stoch that I bought to 600 danish kr for two yars ago, and I dont want to  loose or spend  more money in that game. Personaly I dont think that B&O  will surveieve , and maybee others feel the same and therefore  the price is going down.

You don't have to use your subscription rights if you don't want to.  They are tradable, so even though you got them for free, you can sell them to someone who wants to use them. This means the shareholders were basically given money (not a fixed amount at this time).

The thing is that if you didn't want this, you should've sold your stock before the end of trade on Friday. That's why the stock price dropped straight away this morning - it's a bit like what happens with dividends.

For each share worth 40 DKK you can now buy two more for 29 DKK, which essentially gives you 22  (2 * (40-29)) DKK worth of free wealth if the stock price stays at 40. Or you can just sell the sub.rights, receive cash and go on with your original stocks, at a lower value and at a smaller share of the company.

Which way is more profitable, will depend on the price of the sub.rights and the prices of the stock itself in the future, and we don't know yet. The sub.rights should've been tradeable already today but I didn't find them listed at OMXC nor in my online banking systemt, I'll have to call them tomorrow about what's going on...

In any case, if you had the stock today, you will have to do something before the deadline dates, or you will simply lose because of both the stock price drop, and having your subscription rights vanishing in thin air. Your bank probably will not (cannot) do anything automatically.

-mika

• 04-21-2009 5:32 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Amazing. Group revenue down 50% in three years (since 2006/2007).

• 04-22-2009 2:18 AM In reply to

moxxey:

Amazing. Group revenue down 50% in three years (since 2006/2007).

That's pretty well done compared to a number of big companies!

-mika

• 04-22-2009 4:34 AM In reply to

tournedos:

The sub.rights should've been tradeable already today but I didn't find them listed at OMXC nor in my online banking systemt, I'll have to call them tomorrow about what's going on...

Well I was a bit fast... - Monday was the first day of stock trade ex-subscription rights, so the allocation date of sub.rights will be tomorrow (Thursday), when they should be "visible". Bulgarien, if you haven't been contacted by your bank about this in a day or two, give them a call.

Anyway, the drop of Monday doesn't say much about how much trust the investors have in the company, it was just a natural consequence of the subscription rights issue as I said earlier. The real test will be at the end of the offering when we hear whether it was subscribed fully or not, and what the share price will be then.

-mika

• 04-22-2009 6:44 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

<!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } -->

Thanks Tournedos for the explanation that will  help us to understand more of the B&O healt in these difficult times.

It can bee a little confusing, so I hope that you will inform us about B&O commercial in the future.

Do you think the stock will going up to same level again or maybe higher(80) , when this special stock sale is finish. After all they will get a lot of money to continue.

• 04-22-2009 7:56 AM In reply to

Bulgarien:

It can bee a little confusing, so I hope that you will inform us about B&O commercial in the future.

Do you think the stock will going up to same level again or maybe higher(80) , when this special stock sale is finish. After all they will get a lot of money to continue.

Yes it is confusing - I can't claim to quite understand it myself...

Anyway, the timetable from here on is

• 4 May - rights trading period ends (you have to sell them before or on this date this if you don't want to buy new shares with your rights)
    • 7 May - subscription period ends (last day to use your rights to buy the new shares)
    • 12 May - expected date of publication of the results

...so it will be almost three weeks from now before we'll see what really happens. The price of a single share will not be back at 80 then, because there will be three times more of them, and the price per share will reflect the old market value of the company, added with the cash raised now.

I hope the offering will be subscribed fully - even though B&O probably needs this cash, the books didn't look that bad without it either, at least for a year or two. All will depend on how long the global recession will last...

-mika

• 04-23-2009 2:20 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Bulgarien:
    I got a prospect last week where  I could buy a new  B&O stock to 29 danish kr.

Actually the price for the new stock is only 19 danisk kr. This is the what stands in the prospect and in the letter I received from my bank.

Best,
    Burnix

• 04-23-2009 3:27 AM In reply to

Burnix:

Actually the price for the new stock is only 19 danisk kr. This is the what stands in the prospect and in the letter I received from my bank.

You're right, I just echoed the price I saw here and didn't think... Then my calc makes a lot more sense: 2 * (40-19) = 42, meaning that at the current stock price of 40 DKK, you would win about 2 DKK per each old share if you took the new ones and sold them right away - which means that the actual stock value didn't move much at all on Monday.

Therefore, the value of a single subscription right ought to hover at about 21 DKK now, but I still can't see them anywhere Super Angry

-mika

• 04-23-2009 6:11 AM In reply to

Found them (under other instruments, obviously). Started off a little above 16 DKK and is currently at 18,10 DKK.

B&O new share subscription rights price

Price of the new shares in advance market is now 36,20.

-mika

• 05-05-2009 5:11 AM In reply to

The trading of subscription rights ended yesterday, so they are not visible anymore and we can take a look at on how this is going.

At this time, the old stock is traded at 41.40 and new stock at 39.60. Therefore, if you used all your subscription rights, you would have now

41.40 + 2 * 39.60 = 120.60 DKK worth of shares.

Before this event, you had a single old share worth around 80 DKK and had to pay 2 * 19 = 38 DKK for the two new shares. So, the worth of your original investment has grown from 80 to 120.60 - 38.00 = 82.60 or +3.2%, which is not surprising since all the markets have gone up during these two weeks. I forgot to check where the sub.rights price ended, but I suppose you lost a little if you decided to sell and not use them.

The result of the subscription is supposed to be published next Tuesday (12th of May), and I expect the share price to move then... unfortunately I don't know which way. Big Smile

-mika

• 05-12-2009 10:07 AM In reply to

B&O announced today that the stock capital has been increased by DKK 241,626,760 and that the stock classes have been merged.

So apparently the subscription has been a success. At the time I write this, the current stock price is 45.00. This means that if you bought in at the pre-subscription price of 80 DKK and bought the new shares, you have invested 80 + 2*19 = 118 DKK and your shares are now worth 3*45 = 135 DKK or +14.4% in three weeks.

(I believe that "this announcement is not directed at investors in the United States, Canada, Australia or Japan", either Laughing )

-mika

• 05-12-2009 10:16 AM In reply to

I thought thay said earlier that they would increase the stock capital with DKK 400.000.000,00?

BeoVision10-46MKII,BL3,BL2,BS8,Beo5

• 05-12-2009 10:52 AM In reply to

You're right (actually 459M), so not all of the offered new shares have been subscribed. I believe there will be a more detailed announcement later.

-mika

• 05-15-2009 4:15 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Changed Ticker Symbol

The symbol for a B&O stock has changes (again).

BO-B.CO is no longer valid.

It has changed to 43520.CO.

Use Gadget; Stock 3. 3.4   from Yahoo data to display Bang & Olufsen stock in near realtime.

To display the gadget you need a free windows sidebar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Find Stock 3.3,4 to Windows Vista here:

http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=61b9dca8-214c-41bf-b972-b2050aeaab9c&bt=1&pl=1

What is Windows sidebar?:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-gb/help/88e2f098-c570-4b36-959a-3c449dee43ab1033.mspx

• 09-18-2009 5:20 AM In reply to

Another nice day for the B&O share: it hit already 74,00 DKK, which is close to the original price (80 DKK) before the offering effectively split it in April.

The new shares, which were sold for 19 DKK, are a pretty good deal by now (+289 %)...

-mika

• 09-18-2009 7:04 AM In reply to

tournedos:

Another nice day for the B&O share: it hit already 74,00 DKK, which is close to the original price (80 DKK) before the offering effectively split it in April.

The new shares, which were sold for 19 DKK, are a pretty good deal by now (+289 %)...

Mika,

Suggest you start a new thread on this: that 50% down heading is going to start a new panic!Huh?

How about B&O shares 80% UP on April price?

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)