in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-21-2009 4:58 PM by rayfenwick. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-21-2009 8:40 AM

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Universal RF Remote Control

Apologies if I'm slow and THIS (and THIS) has already been discused.

Does anyone know if B&O are working with on a remote based on this"standard"?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-21-2009 2:02 PM In reply to

Re: Universal RF Remote Control

I must admit I'd not seen it, but have thought about it in the past.  It makes a lot of sense.  Finally 2-way remotes with decent battery life, no LOS problems, and of course modern displays.

Build it into an iPhone, and......  Smile

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-21-2009 2:33 PM In reply to

All I will say at this time is "about time too" I find it difficult to understand why its taken so long..

Regards Keith....

• 04-21-2009 3:23 PM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

All I will say at this time is "about time too" I find it difficult to understand why its taken so long..

Easy - they wanted to make sure they got lots of money for their investment in IR before they abandon it for something else Smile

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-21-2009 3:28 PM In reply to

The only downside is that is not based on Bluetooth, which has already made its way into a number of handheld appliances including mobile phones and is well supported on computers as well.

ZigBee is a better base for this since it can also create mesh networks instead of the quite strictly point-to-point nature of Bluetooth communications. However, I'm afraid BT has enough head start so that this will never quite catch on...

-mika

• 04-21-2009 3:41 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

It will be interesting to see how much "universal" compatibilty each manufacturer offers, if any. Potentially full, cross platform, home automation could be offered by everyone (who has signed up to the consortium).

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-21-2009 4:58 PM In reply to

Puncher:

It will be interesting to see how much "universal" compatibilty each manufacturer offers, if any. Potentially full, cross platform, home automation could be offered by everyone (who has signed up to the consortium).

It has been promised many times (HaVI etc) but never seems to fruit Sad

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)