in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-20-2009 6:09 AM by EOB. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-19-2009 8:26 AM

Beocenter 1 with a mind of it's own!

I have a Beocenter 1 which I plan to place on my office wall on a bracket. The TV seems to work fine except that every now and again the DVD cradle decides to extend to accept a DVD, as if by magic!!

Any one seen this before and know the fix???

Regards Graham

• 04-19-2009 10:59 AM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 1 with a mind of it's own!

Hi Graham

it's probaly a  switch in the dvd or an optical sensor that needs to be cleaned

regards

jan

• 04-19-2009 6:34 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Hmm I was going to suggest cleaning the touch bar with a wet cloth (and try that), but it sounds like electricity might tripping it off.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-20-2009 2:22 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

I have a Beocenter 1 which I plan to place on my office wall on a bracket. The TV seems to work fine except that every now and again the DVD cradle decides to extend to accept a DVD, as if by magic!!

This is a know problem and is reparable under warranty, the DVD mech does not have enough sheilding from the tube which causes it to activate at random.  Their is a copper kit to fix the issue, speak to your local dealer to find out more.

• 04-20-2009 4:05 AM In reply to

meandmyshadow:

joeyboygolf:

This is a know problem and is reparable under warranty, the DVD mech does not have enough sheilding from the tube which causes it to activate at random.  Their is a copper kit to fix the issue, speak to your local dealer to find out more.

That sounds plausible, I'll check with my dealer. Thanks for that.

Regards Graham

• 04-20-2009 6:09 AM In reply to

• EOB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 188
    • Bronze Member

Is this known problem with all series of the bc1 ? ,.....cause i have the latest and never encountered it. Secondly i am asking because i am thinking to acquire  a second hand bc1 for an elder person. Its a bc1 with small remote. Considering the remote i guess its an older bc 1 model.

If known please jot down any differnces between the old and new versions of BC1 .

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)