in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-17-2009 4:05 PM by marrow999. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2007 2:33 PM

VGA and DVI input

Hi,

I have a beovision 4 with beosystem 2 to which I am trying to connect a sky HD box along with a mac mini.

The panel setup has been configured to use decoder for the dvi-d connector and av for the vga connector. With this setup I can chose STB (DTV/DVI) on the decoder input (which works fine) but I cannot chose PC(VGA) on the AV input.

If I change the CVBS option for VGA to decoder in the panel setup menu and put DVI-D on AV then the reverse is true - I can set PC(VGA) on decoder but cannot chose STB(DTV/DVI) on AV. The only option relating to DVI is DVD(DVI).

Am I asking to much to use the VGA input as well as the DVI input on the panel? The reference book suggests that it is possible. But then the reference guide also tells me that I can set what button activates the camera inputs and I've never been able to find that menu option!

And before anyone asks I've had the software upgraded to the latest version!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance... Warren
  • 05-30-2007 2:39 PM In reply to

Re: VGA and DVI input

Solved it myself.....

Just needs reading the updated manual properly (thanks beoworld - looks like my manual is out of date!)

In case anyone else has problems accessing the camera input menu:

Go into menu
    chose 3 for setup 
    go down to connections and press menu
    press go to enter camera input selection

Been looking for this one for months!

• 11-04-2008 6:37 PM In reply to

Hi Warren

Yes the Camera menu is a bit hidden!

It took me ages to get my beomedia sorted on the vga input but I got there eventually......have just taken delivery of Sky HD and guess what....confusion reigns again!

How do I know if the DVI input is slot 1 or 2?

I have tried both to no avail....

So I set either slot to DVI-D and CVBS to Decoder (what does that actually mean?). Then sure enough when I go back to the Connections menu I have the option to set the Decoder input to STB(DTV/DVI) but I get no picture ie the monitor is not selecting the DVI input which is coming straight from the HDMI output on the sky box (the audio is there via the scart).

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Mark

• 03-17-2009 4:05 PM In reply to

this actually turned out to be a problem with the DVI input card on the BV4 - tried a 50" BV4 the other day and all worked fine!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)