in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-18-2009 6:26 AM by Karel Uyttendaele. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2009 5:53 PM

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

BV8-40

Has anybody on this forum already has spent some time with this new tv?

I am curious about the experiences with respect to picture and sound quality.

I am considering this tv to use in my home theater setup; therefore very curious about the sound decoding quality and the quality of the center speaker.

Hope to get some info!

Bieele

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 04-17-2009 8:52 PM In reply to

Re: BV8-40

Hello, I have watch on this tv alot, my experiences are this TV have a great picture quality.
    I meen still BV7 have a little bit better, becuase the nice contrast glass. But still the picture are very good still with out this contrast glass.  

I also seen this with the DVB - HD module with a smart card right in to the tv, and the picture quility loooks very great still on HD channel. If you have a HDR2 you now can record frome the program guide. 

Its also have a nice build in speaker that is the best one I have heard on a TV. Build into the tv of course. The speaker to BV7 is much better, but this is a much stronger speaker that also are seperated and not a build in speaker.

I have heard the TV in a cinama home theater setup with Beolab 5 and beolab 3. The center speaker works very great. So it will work perfect also in a home theater setup. 

So if you like the design this TV are a great tv to a nice price.
    But I think you have go to a dealer and watch and listen on it your selv.

I'am not that good in English, but I hope you understand it and have get some information.

But I what to BV7-40 with bluray, that tv will be nice one, but of course more expensive tv.   

Mvh Andybandy - MX 7000 - Earset A8 - (dream about a BV7-40 bluray tv)

• 04-18-2009 4:51 AM In reply to

Hello Bieele

I have also given this TV som thoughts, and wanted to use it in a home cinema system.... BUT ..... the TV is not available with a surround module, so if you have a B&O home cinema, you will not be able to use the BV8.

My dealer told me to wait for the upcoming BV10 in Q4. The design (and price) is right for me, and that model comes with the surround module.

I hope I didn't ruied your day with this info .....

Tommy

• 04-18-2009 6:26 AM In reply to

Tommy,

Small correction... The BV8-40 will have a surround module...

Karel.

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)