in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-04-2009 10:09 AM by steph. 38 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-15-2009 12:36 PM In reply to

Re: New confirmed products for 2009

After reading the whole interim report, I'm very excited about most of the new products, and would like to buy all of them!

However I can't help thinking that Struer should release a new product each month if they want to survive, have you seen the total loss compared to last year's profit?? It is massive!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 04-15-2009 2:05 PM In reply to

Will there be more screen sizes of the BV10

• 04-15-2009 5:23 PM In reply to

I'm sad to hear that B&O will be phasing out it's phone development. Still, I suppose that land-line phones are becoming quite archaic. My beautiful Beocoms are the only reason that I still maintain a land-line.

I'm quite excited about the prospect of the new phone utilizing the internet for phone communication. It would be nice if B&O could add that feature to the Beocom 1/Beocom 2 system with an add-on module.

• 04-15-2009 8:07 PM In reply to

beojeff:

I'm sad to hear that B&O will be phasing out it's phone development. Still, I suppose that land-line phones are becoming quite archaic. My beautiful Beocoms are the only reason that I still maintain a land-line.

I'm quite excited about the prospect of the new phone utilizing the internet for phone communication. It would be nice if B&O could add that feature to the Beocom 1/Beocom 2 system with an add-on module.

I have my PSTN plugged into a VoIP port on my router, and it works fine.  My Beocom 2500 won't play though, there's simply not enough power supplied by the port.  There is talk (though in Danish, so it wasn't that easy to follow for me...) of changing a resistor that governs the "line busy" sensing in the Beocom 2500 to stop the LED flashing all the time.  I think my problem is more of the same, but haven't had the chance to check it all out yet...

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-15-2009 9:18 PM In reply to

Thanks for posting the updated product info.

I have been waiting on the Beocom for my home office for quite a while, my wife uses the beocom 3 and loves it.   What is meant by "internet telephony"?

Beo watch w/ remote capability......

I can just see my wifes eyes when i come home with a beo5 mounted on a watch bandStick out tongue

Roger

• 04-16-2009 9:22 AM In reply to

Wikipedia has a good page on it all here - should explain it all. In essence it is using the internet for telephone calls.  Eventually *everything* will be "over the internet" - web pages like this, tv, voice calls, video calls, mobile phones, your electricity/gas/water meters.....

In 50 years the internet will be regarded in the same way as electricity and indoor plumbing, everything will be dependent on it.  But as no-one "owns or controls" the internet, and it was designed from the ground up to be resilient to faults, damage, etc etc that's not a bad thing. 

Sorry for my wafflng, it's a pet subject of mine. Unsure

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-16-2009 1:46 PM In reply to

when will we gonna see the first photo's of the new beocom 5

• 04-16-2009 2:19 PM In reply to

• plagente
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Albi (France)
    • Posts 137
    • Silver Member

R Patton:

What is meant by "internet telephony"?

A skype phone ?

http://p-lagente.blogspot.com/

• 04-16-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

I bought a bluetooth adapter so that I can use my Beocom as a "regular phone" via BT to my iPhone - that way I can continue to use my Becom6000 and not need a landline..

http://www.phonelabs.com/prd05.asp

-michael

• 04-16-2009 2:49 PM In reply to

That sounds brilliant. How well does it work? Is there no loss of quality or features of the beocom?

• 04-16-2009 5:06 PM In reply to

BV 7-55:

Do we have an idea of the speaker dedicated to the BV 7-55? Is it planned a beolab 7.3 (1,5m wide...)?

I can't hardly imagine how huge it will look like.

Marc.

• 04-17-2009 5:39 AM In reply to

• beoair
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Surrey UK
    • Posts 22
    • Founder

BV7-55

This sounds really interesting as a replacement/upgrade for my trusty BV5 (non HD). I have been looking at the BV4-50 but it somehow never seems quite special enough. It also needs extra boxes to make it work whereas I've always prefered fully integrated products. The LED backlit screen should make it just about light enough to wallmount as is my BV5. I wonder what speaker it will be recommended with?

Best Wishes

• 05-04-2009 6:56 AM In reply to

What about the BeoSystem 3?

I thought there's an update with new DSS (DD True HD)...

• 05-04-2009 10:09 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

I think there will be an update or maybe a new picture engine comming from the new full digital platform where the BS5 comes from.

Maybe a BeoSystem 4 ?

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2