in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-15-2009 7:24 AM by rayfenwick. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-13-2009 5:09 AM

Faulty Beocom 2

The Button "1" has stopped working on my phone - anyone any ideas?

Everything else is fine

Thanks in advance

• 04-13-2009 6:05 AM In reply to

Re: Faulty Beocom 2

Hi Nick

Some debris under the button?  Give it a blast with some compressed air (or blow into it yourself).  It costs nothing and is worth a try, as is a tap on something (but be very careful not to damage the finish!). 

Failing something simple like that it is a dealer replacement I'm afraid - unless I've been incorrectly informed they are deemed "non serviceable". 

Good luck.

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-13-2009 6:13 AM In reply to

Thanks. have just tried the compressed air - to no avail! The quick thump - I'll try as well - the button is still the same height and the "resistance" is the same as the others so I really don't know what to try next. Thankfully, I don't have a small enough Torx to unscrew at the bottom.

Nick

• 04-13-2009 12:02 PM In reply to

Hi Nick

I've only had my Beocom 2 for a couple of weeks, and as it works fine I've not taken it apart, though I hear they are not the easiest things to work on...

If you decide to take it apart, then I'd be very interested to know what is inside.  I'm guessing it is a membrane keyboard, rather than switches, but if you can get it apart it may be obvious what to fix. 

It would be even better if you'd write it up so the rest of us can benefit Yes -  thumbs up

Best wishes

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-15-2009 2:37 AM In reply to

You will not be able to take the Beocom 2 apart.

B&O use special tools to do that, and it has to be done at Struer. I believe I heard a price around 300 Euro to have something like the keyboard replaced.

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 04-15-2009 7:24 AM In reply to

Everything comes apart, the question is of damage.  I certainly wouldn't want to experiment and risk the total loss of my Beocom 2.  Maybe if someone has a cosmetically ugly and non-functional Beocom 2 it might be worth investigating.....

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)