in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-15-2009 1:38 PM by diggs2701. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2009 2:51 PM

Channel Configuration Question

I currently have comcast as my cable provider and when you navigate to a channel you must enter 3 digits to go that channel. In the Beo5 configuration tool I can't enter 0 as the first digit (ex: Comedy Central is channel 67 but I need to put it in as 067 to go to the channel). Any ideas on how I can enter the first digit as 0 in the tool?

Thanks in advance!

Diggs

• 04-14-2009 8:00 AM In reply to

Re: Channel Configuration Question

Diggs,

I am not sure why you cannot add the zero because it works fine for me.

Are you controlling the Comcast box directly from the Beo5 ?

Regards Keith....

• 04-14-2009 2:14 PM In reply to

Yes, I control the comcast box with the Beo5.  When I go into the beo5 config tool and edit the channels this is where I am having the problem with putting a zero first. If I put comedy central logo, label it COM CENTRAL and then try to put in the channel as 067 it will only allow me to put in 67 (no 0 in the front). So when I try to use it from the beo5; I go from COMCAST/Channels.../ select Comedy Central logo and it will go to 67 but I need it to navigate to 067 to automatically go there. Does this make sense? Thanks Keith!

Diggs

• 04-14-2009 2:21 PM In reply to

If you are controlling your Comcast box directly with the Beo5 it means you have produced your own XML file for the Comcast or someone has provided it to you.

If you upload your XML file HERE I will have a look at it to determine why you appear to have a problem.

Regards Keith....

• 04-14-2009 2:31 PM In reply to

How can I locate the XML file? I choose the closest comcast motorola box (in the beo5 config tool) that resembled mine by Model #. Is this the file I should upload?

Diggs

• 04-14-2009 3:14 PM In reply to

Diggs,

Your question/answer raises more points than it answers, so I think we need to take one step back and start again.

Let me go back and get you to answer some base questions:-

1. What Beovision TV is the Comcast STB connect too ?
    2. Did the dealer initially configure your Beo5 or did the dealer provide you with the Beo5 Configuration Programme to do it yourself ?
    3. Which model Motorola STB do you have connected ?

Regards Keith....

• 04-14-2009 4:29 PM In reply to

Thank you for the quick reply Keith!

1) I have a BV-4 42 and a BeoSystem 1; the Motorola Comcast box is hooked up to the STB source

2) Yes, the dealer initially set it up but also gave me the program to fine tune some things

3) I have a Motorola DCT3416 HD DVR Comcast Cable box but I could not locate this device in the BS1 or Beo5 Config Tool so I ended up choosing the DCT6208HD (everything works great besides the power button).

Thanks

Diggs

• 04-15-2009 2:38 AM In reply to

Diggs,

Now I understand your configuration and the mis-understanding.

You previously stated that the Motorola Comcast box was controlled directly from the Beo5, based on your feedback this is NOT the case, it is controlled by the STB-C.

The reason you have the problem with the power button is almost certainly because one "toggles" the power off/on and the other has a seperate "off" and "on"signal.

I have had a look at the DCT6208HD which uses 32 bit NEC protocol and the power is a "toggle" on/off and has a HEX command code of "F9"

To fix the problem you could switch the Comcast box off/on DIRECTLY from the Beo5. To implement this option we would need to establish the "off/on" HEX codes and I expect this boxes uses the standard codes and a small XML file would need to be created and then added to your configuration.

Regards Keith....

• 04-15-2009 9:56 AM In reply to

Wow! Thank you very much and I am sorry I was giving you misguided info. I thought I was controlling it through the beo5. I still have two questions:

1) How can I build this xml file for the power button? When I add to the configuration do I have to drop it where the DCT6208HD is?

2) I am still having problems inside the beo5 configuration tool. Everytime I build a channel "template" I can't add 0 in front of any channel number. This is the template I drag and drop into the STB portion of BS-1 (where the DCT6208HD is) so my channels portion has all my logo's and tries to go directly to that channel.

Diggs

• 04-15-2009 12:29 PM In reply to

Diggs,

With regards to your two questions:-

1. Creating the XML file providing you understand the principles of XML files is actually the easy bit. The information you need first is the actual NEC command code for power off and on for the DCT6208HD. The best way to get this is to use a device which captures remote infra-red codes. Once you have the captured timings, then we can make the XML file needed. Find someone with a Lintronic box or similar device to capture the timings.
    2. To add numbers in the Beo5 Configuration Tool it actually adds a command for numbers which starts CIFFER_0 for 0 as you will see below

Regards Keith....

• 04-15-2009 1:38 PM In reply to

This is perfect; I will look for a Lintronic box and I will see if I can add the CIFFER_0 code to the channel command and see if that helps. I will let you know how it works.

Diggs

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)