in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-11-2009 9:24 PM by SWISS_2. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2009 10:27 AM

N.Radio

My BS3200 has the N.Radio option - but how does it work/how can I connect it to my cable modem/tv (I have TimeWarner cable - US - plugged into my TV right next to the BS3200).  

-michael

• 04-11-2009 11:37 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Re: N.Radio

You need Beoport, Beomedia 1 or Beomaster 5 to use N.Radio.

Quim

• 04-11-2009 12:23 PM In reply to

I have a Beolink PC2 - does that help me?

• 04-11-2009 12:36 PM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Yes, Beolink PC2 is the old name for the Beoport. You have to install it and masterlink it to the main system.

Quim

• 04-11-2009 12:40 PM In reply to

Please help explain

BS3200 -> Masterlink -> PC2 ->  ???? (my computer?  running Beoplayer???  connected to the internet?)

Can I use iTunes on an old Mac?

-michael

• 04-11-2009 1:39 PM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Yes, Beolink PC2 must be connected to a PC or Mac, running Beoport (PC) or BM.Link (Mac). You will need internet connection too if you want to hear N.Radio.

Sorry, I don't know Mac, but I bet you can connect it and use iTunes. There is a Mac section in this forum, you will find help there.

Quim

• 04-11-2009 4:25 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Hello;

To answer your question:

BS3200 -> Masterlink -> PC2 ->  ???? (my computer?  running Beoplayer???  connected to the internet?)

You are correct.

Also upload, or upgrade the Beoplayer and Beoport versions to the most recent, then reboot. You will be prompted to register, which you need to do.

If you have a Beo 4 or Beo 5 remote, you can program it to N.RADIO, and N.MUSIC too, in addition to CD, PHOTO, VIDEO, RADIO, etc. to pull it up immediately, versus clicking the mouse.

Once you have done this, you can pull up N.RADIO or N.MUSIC and enjoy it anywhere via the masterlink system and your B&O remote.

Good Luck !

• 04-11-2009 4:57 PM In reply to

But is this any better or different then streaming iTunes with Airport Express to the Aux input (my current configuration).

--- Maybe the question should be controlling itunes with a Beo4?

• 04-11-2009 5:22 PM In reply to

Just tri Internet music and local MP3 music by

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/wireless_music_systems/devices/3817&cl=us,en

Music stored on

http://www.synology.com/nld/products/DS508/index.php

Useful forum

http://forums.slimdevices.com/

Save a lot of money and smile to B&O Smile

• 04-11-2009 9:24 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

mfirst;

The links above are good suggestions. I note that you also posted here the possibilities regarding  " Universal remotes. "  From my own personal experience, Logitech rated very poorly, despite the sales spin. ( They do make good keyboards though ).

Many members here are adamant about the benefits of using Airport Express, Itunes, MAC, and Apple. Before you go out and purchase anything more, it might be helpful to know what equipment you have currently in your collection.

I use both MAC and PC for work, but have no experience with Airport Express. I never thought I would ever need, or use an MP3 player, but now I have a Beosound 6 to use while driving, and move music around on other systems with an AUX port. I keep it to like products, and software, as it just works better, and lasts longer. I'm happy to keep it 100 % B&O.

Ultimately though, it is your system, & your choice. Experiment a little.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)