in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-24-2009 3:59 AM by Perry Waring. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-10-2009 10:43 AM

BeoMaster 4500 Glass

I am thinking of buying a broken BeoMaster 4500 - the Glass has fallen off & broken. Reading on here I believe the glass is no longer available as a spare, would it be possible to have a piece of glass cut to fit or is there more to it than that.

Your help would be appreciated

thanks

Perry

• 04-10-2009 12:53 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: BeoMaster 4500 Glass

Hi Perry, and welcome to Beoworld. It is a lot more than getting the right size piece of glass. One of the problems is there is a special coating on the back of the glass which makes it touch sensitive. Also the glass has the functions printed onto it too.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-10-2009 2:00 PM In reply to

Thanks Craig - thought that may be the case, looks like i need to buy  another unit with a good glass

PerrySad

• 04-13-2009 11:04 AM In reply to

you might actually want to try your b&o dealer and see if they can still order a NOS piece from inventory. i got lucky w/ the same part for a 9300, granted it was newer...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 04-13-2009 1:24 PM In reply to

pez01:

Thanks Craig - thought that may be the case, looks like i need to buy  another unit with a good glass

PerrySad

You would be better off buying a cosmetically challenged Beomaster 3500 as the glass is identical.

Regards Graham

• 04-14-2009 4:23 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Not much irritates me about B&O ever except this!!! I know this has been spoken about many times and that B&O can't be expected to keeps parts forever BUT in this case I feel that the reason that glass panels need replacing is entirely B&O's fault. People have paid good money for these systems and now end up with units that are only good for parts or the trash. Its B&O's fault that the panels are falling off as they did not use a proper method in fixing the panels to the plastic holders. Lets also not forget that a huge selling point for the 3500/4500systems was that the cd player also could be wall mounted, so B&O in a way encourage buyers to have their systems wall mounted. Now that they panels are falling off to do bad production methods, B&O just turn a blind eye. I don't think its right. They should still carry the replacement panels. If it was just because people were breaking them, that would be another story. I really feel like writing to B&O but its doubtful they would take any notice. Its a very bad reflection on a B&O to not take responsibility for something that is clearly their fault. I was lucky enough to buy a get a glass replacement for my BM but should I ever need another one because it just happened to fall off, I would hound B&O constantly about till they found one for me.

Durban South Africa

• 04-15-2009 3:40 AM In reply to

I agree about it being B&O's fault. I did mail B&O once about it but just got the standard reply saying "Sorry contact you dealer etc etc" (seems to be a standard reply for every mail). Al remains silent when I mail them saying my dealer no longer exist where I bought my 4500.

Over the years I have collected several broken 4500 and 3500 components to use as spares. I have fitted a 3500 glas pabel to a 4500 and I can confirm it works even though the plug on the end of the cable can be slightly different, but with a bit of force it wil fit.

• 04-15-2009 3:51 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Well I will write to them and see if I get a response. There is no doubt that it is an error on B&O's part. I don't think it will be such a major thing for them to produce the panels and make sure that they don't come loose.

Durban South Africa

• 04-24-2009 3:59 AM In reply to

Thanks guys for caring - I'm on the look out for a broken unit with a good glass so if you hear of one let me know - PerrySmile

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)