in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-16-2009 5:14 AM by tc0fh. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-10-2009 7:25 AM

• tc0fh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Beosystem 2 (almost) dead

Hello!

I bought a BeoSystem 2 on ebay and it doesn't start. :(

I took the unit to the B&O Service and was told that as they don't have a service suitcase available I must pay in advance for the service suitcase (3000 Euro).

After they receive the service suitcase they can diagnose the problem and try to fix the beosystem. Then the dealer returns the service suitcase and after they receive a qoute for the defective parts they refund the difference. Is this normal practice for the B&O Service? 

What options do I have without paying 3000 Euros? I am considering sending the unit to a service centre that has a service suitcase in stock for a quote.

Now for the techinical details:

It looks like the power supply is (almost) dead: according to the service manual I should have 7.5 V, 14 V and 1.35 V on connector P041 on the power supply and I don't. However I have the -11 V signal.

On PCB 06 (Main uP) there are 3 plcc sockets: one for the firmware (6IC3), one for the settings EEPROM (Atmel AT28C64B 6IC6) and an unpopulated plcc socket. Is this normal or am I missing a component from PCB 06?

Any ideas?

Regards,

Andrei

Filed under: ,
  • 04-10-2009 7:43 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Beosystem 2 (almost) dead

Hello Andrei, was the Beosystem 2 listed as been faulty when you purchased it. If not, I would have a talk with the seller.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-10-2009 7:54 AM In reply to

• tc0fh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Hello!

It was sold as untested/no warranty/no returns. I knew it was a gamble but I thought "how can a beosystem 2 fail?"...

Regards,
    Andrei

• 04-10-2009 10:19 AM In reply to

return it under distance selling regulations - no returns does not override your legal rights

• 04-13-2009 2:55 PM In reply to

• tc0fh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

The seller does not accept returns for the item and this bit got my attention on ebay help:

"The Distance Selling Regulations apply to items purchased via Buy It Now listings and Second Chance Offers on eBay.co.uk. However, they don't apply to auction format listings on eBay.co.uk"

What should I do next?

Regards,

Andrei

• 04-16-2009 5:14 AM In reply to

• tc0fh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Small update: the power supply works!

The CPU sends the on signal to the power supply and two seconds later it puts the unit in standby.

Any dealer willing to accept the unit in service?

Regards,

Andrei

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)