in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-08-2009 3:14 PM by diggs2701. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-07-2009 11:01 AM

Motorola STB Power Off Issue

I am having a problem with powering on and off my Motorola DVR box with my Beo5. I have the beo5 configured with the Motorola DVR and everything works great but when I power off the STB (it is setup under TV-STB) the TV will turn off but the Motorola DVR will remain on. Is there anything I can do to shut off the TV and have the ability to shut off the DVR box?

My setup is as follows: Motorola DVR hooked up to the STB through the BeoSystem 1 (Beosystem 1 has the same Motorola box configured in the sources menu)

Thanks in advance!

Diggs

• 04-07-2009 1:01 PM In reply to

Re: Motorola STB Power Off Issue

Diggs,

Which version of STB-C "chip" did you have installed in your Beosystem1 ?

Does the STB turn off when you turn the whole system off ?

If you use the STB and then switch to another source it will not switch off the STB until you switch the whole unit off.

Regards Keith....

• 04-07-2009 1:13 PM In reply to

Thank you Keith for your quick reply!

1) I am not sure which STB-C Chip I have installed. I do have the most current software on the device. How can I tell which chip I have installed?

2) When I turn the system off (press red power button on beo4 or beo5) the TV (BV-4 42) and BS1 seem to power off but the Motorola DVR box that is plugged into the STB ports does not.

3) When I switch to another source it does not turn off the Motorola DVR plugged into the STB.

Is there a power button I can program into the beo5 under the Motorola dvr box so I can hit that to turn off the Motorola DVR and the main power button on the remote to turn off the BeoSystem 1 and BV-4?

Thanks!

• 04-07-2009 1:32 PM In reply to

Given that you get the same problem with the Beo4 and Beo5 means that it is not a programming issue with the Beo5.

With regards to the STB-C software version can be viewed from the "Service Menu" Press MENU on the Beo4, then SETUP then 0 0 GO

As the STB is not turned off by pressing the RED standby button then this almost certainly means:-

1. You are using a Motorola model type from the STB-C which is not exactly the same as what was selected.
    2. The STB-C software for that model has been incorrectly programmed for that Motorola model

Provided the Motorola STB is in "line of sight" of your Beo5, then the Beo5 can be programmed to send the command bypassing the STB-C

What is the model number of the Motorola STB ?

All Motorola STB's use the NEC protocol, so it is very easy to programme or modify the XML file for it.

Regards Keith....

• 04-07-2009 2:45 PM In reply to

Thank you for the info on how to determine what STB-C software version; I will let you know that in a few hours what version I have.

You are correct:

The STB model number is Motorola DCT-3416 and the closest model # I could find that were both on the BeoSystem 1 and list of STB boxes in the config tool was a Motorola DCT-6412. It seems that ALL codes work perfectly with this model choosen but the power off/on command. The Motorola also has IR control cable so I believe it is in line of sight.

• 04-07-2009 6:21 PM In reply to

I think the CCDB software is 4.7L. Does this sound right?

• 04-07-2009 8:34 PM In reply to

Turns out the STB I coose in the Beosystem 1 and config tool was the Motorola DCT6208HD. Thanks!

• 04-08-2009 3:14 PM In reply to

Should I try and edit the xml file (of the Motorola DCT6208HD) to create a button called "power"? What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Diggs

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)