in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-10-2009 8:37 AM by Dave. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (23 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-07-2009 3:59 AM

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Film mode on Beovision 3 32"

Hi guys, maybe someone can help me. I read about the Film mode on Beovisions and I am wondering if there is a possibility to turn it off on my BV3?  The number is 8810. Is there a way to do this by myself?

Gr. M.

• 04-07-2009 6:08 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: Film mode on Beovision 3 32"

Do you mean the 3 picture formats available?

• 04-07-2009 7:37 AM In reply to

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

No I don´t mean the formats. It´s about ´the film mode´ in the service menu. A lot of people are talking about it but I want to know where I can find this option inside the service menu from the Beovision 3.

• 04-07-2009 3:36 PM In reply to

Hi,

I had this option turned on on my avant I didn't like how the picture performs!  my friend the B&O engineer turned it off, I am sure someone on this site will know how to turn it off.

Cheers Nick

• 04-07-2009 9:28 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Yep no problem there; the option can be found in the Monitor part of the SM under picture adjustments.

Take your time, this is how it's done on type 8805 - should be the same -

With your Beo4, press: MENU, 3, 0, 0, GO, 1, 3, 9, (toggle between) ON / OFF, press GO  >  and EXIT out, being careful not to change anything else

Have you just started using the BV3? I turned it off when i first got it becasue it seems so different at first, but now i have it on, the picture is superior.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-08-2009 1:29 AM In reply to

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Hi Dave, I figured it out myself yesterday and that is indeed the way to do it. Only on the BV3 it is called ´movie mode´ and not ´film mode´. I have 3 option to install, ON/AUTO/OFF. I really don´t know what all this does to the screen (?) because I cannot notice huge differences. I also do not know if there is a difference between looking at tv or a dvd?? Is there anyone out there who can tell me the differences?

Gr,

• 04-08-2009 5:08 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

I remeber accessing the service menu on my BV 3 a long time ago, but all the different settings frightened me so I quickly left before I was tempted to change something. Now I forgotten how to do it. Can someone tell me please?

• 04-08-2009 5:32 AM In reply to

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Kokomo, it is mentioned above. Read Dave´s report (no. 4 from above)

• 04-08-2009 5:33 AM In reply to

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Sorry for that, it is no. 5 from above..........:-))..........

• 04-08-2009 10:06 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Meng, but I immediately tried that before I posted and it didn't work! Menu, Menu,3 gets me set up but that's just for connections, sound, picture etc. I didn't think that was what was being referred to - or is it? I remember accessing a much more 'complicated' looking menu with lots of technical adjustments possible. It's that one I have forgotten how to access.

• 04-09-2009 3:45 AM In reply to

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Hi Kokomo, this is what you have to do:

Turn on tv and press Menu. Toggle down to SET UP, then press on your BEO4: GO, 0, 0, GO (all on your BEO4). You will acces a menu with 2 options. TV monitor and something about tuning. Select the first one. Then you will need ´Picture adjustments´. Once you acces that it will open a list and one of them is ´movie mode´. If you select that (GO on Beo4) you can choose between ON/AUTO/OFF (toggle Up and DOWN on BEO4). Try for yourself what it does to your picture and let me know what your opinion is. To leave the menu press STOP on your BEO4 repeatedly. Please remember that you do not store a different setup untill you are 100% sure about your choice and write down what you change in this menu!!! Hope this helps.

• 04-09-2009 3:57 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

That's the one!

Now I'll write the sequence down for future reference and also if I change anything.

Thanks Meng for the info' - appreciated.

• 04-09-2009 4:10 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Quick postscript. After all that, no 'Movie Mode'! Guess I don't have the appropriate software installed. Anyway, still learnt something.

• 04-09-2009 4:18 AM In reply to

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Kokomo, my BV3 is from April 2004, typenr. 8810........Do not know any softwarenumber........I am at work now so I cannot check...........

• 04-09-2009 4:27 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

In 'monitor information'. type no shows 8800, so I guess that's the reason!

Thanks.

• 04-09-2009 7:22 AM In reply to

• Foxtrott
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 500
    • Founder

kokomo:

In 'monitor information'. type no shows 8800, so I guess that's the reason!

Thanks.

Hi kokomo!

My BV3-32 is also an MkI (type 8800) and I have the "film mode" option. On the MkI BV3-32 it depends on the SW-Version. I had the SW of my BV3-32 updated (due to a timer related problem) and since that update I have The "film mode" option in the settings.

It seems that on the MkII (type 8810) SW they changed the name to "movie mode". At least on my MkI it's called "film mode".

Cheers

Foxtrott

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Henry VI, Part 2 William Shakespeare

• 04-09-2009 7:30 AM In reply to

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Hi Foxtrott, do you notice a difference when ´playing´ between ON and OFF watching the screen? (I also have AUTO to choose from)...........

Meng

• 04-09-2009 8:00 AM In reply to

• SKApretto71
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Europe - Italy - Tuscany - Fucecchio
    • Posts 66
    • Founder

Hi,

I have a BV3-32 and used to leave the settings to AUTO.

What let me set it to OFF is that when ON, with some sources (I use SKY satellite receiver) a lot of annoying digital textures appeared on teh screen, often when an high contrast area was associated with movement (like a person passing over a window running, or a car filmed from outside).

With the setting OFF, it doesn't occurs.

Whatching DVDs this usually not occurs, and I can turn it ON (in fact, pucture has a better contrast and colors appears more warm, IMHO).

Just my 2 euro-cents,

---

Raffaele "SKApretto n.71" Sgherri

I like Chrome and spread it!

Filed under: ,
  • 04-09-2009 10:41 AM In reply to

• Foxtrott
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 500
    • Founder

Meng:

Hi Foxtrott, do you notice a difference when ´playing´ between ON and OFF watching the screen? (I also have AUTO to choose from)...........

Meng

Hi Meng!

To be honest, I never payed attention if it has any effects on the picture while in the Menu-settings but I do notice an effect on the picture after leaving the Menu. When the "film-mode" is on the picture seems somehow "oversharp" and "artificial" (don't know how to discribe it better).. but this is my personal impression.

I don't have an "auto" option... seems that this is only available at the MkII model as my SW-version ist the newest one available for the MkI.

Foxtrott

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Henry VI, Part 2 William Shakespeare

• 04-09-2009 11:37 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Film mode for me, once i got used to it, really cleans up the images and makes the movement incredibly natural. Seems to work wonders on CRT but not quite right on LCD. Would never turn it off again!

• 04-10-2009 1:14 AM In reply to

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Hi Dave, one last question for you, do you have an analog or digital signal? Maybe that´s the difference. I have analog signal. When I play a dvd the picture is just perfect, love it. But when watching tv (analog) sometimes it could use improvement.

• 04-10-2009 3:09 AM In reply to

when I had movie mode on my avant on, I was less than pleased with it.  When something was moving fast it had a line around the object and was way to unatural looking for me I am very happy now with it in off position.

• 04-10-2009 8:37 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Meng:

Hi Dave, one last question for you, do you have an analog or digital signal? Maybe that´s the difference. I have analog signal. When I play a dvd the picture is just perfect, love it. But when watching tv (analog) sometimes it could use improvement.

Yes i run SD signal through RGB so the picture is as perfect as DVD, switch to digital! :)

Page 1 of 1 (23 items)