in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-07-2009 4:53 AM by wirralsimon. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-07-2009 12:00 AM

penta 2

hello, i am new here, i want to purchase penta 2 loudspeakers to go with my beosound 9000, do you have to use that huge stand with the pentas? is it removable? correct price for a pair in pristine condition? 1000.00 u.s.?  limited space, so a bit weiry,

• 04-07-2009 1:13 AM In reply to

• ducha
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-04-2008
    • Wisconsin, US
    • Posts 77
    • Bronze Member

Re: penta 2

Hi there and welcome to Beoworld,

$1,000 seems a little steep for a pair of Penta IIs even if they are cosmetically mint because the mid range drivers in Penta speakers suffer from foam deterioration over the years and at around 20 years old, a pair of Penta IIs is likely to have this condition! To fix it means having the foam rings replaced which can be expensive (unless you can do it yourself). If the pair you're looking at doesn't have this issue, then $1,000 might be reasonable. Just know that eventaully the foam surrounds will need replacing! Pentas are wonderful speakers and they have many fans here on Beoworld. 

I'm not sure what you mean by the "huge stand". If you are referring to the flat gray plastic section beneath the bottom grille, this is the amplifier which powers the speaker. There was a version of the speaker called the "Beovox Penta" which lacked the amplifier on the bottom making it shorter, but it would not be compatible with your Beosound 9000.

Regards,

Aaron

• 04-07-2009 4:53 AM In reply to

Re: penta 2

$1000 seems very reasonable if the drivers have been refoamed/replaced, so it's best to ask the question.

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)