in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-17-2009 5:45 PM by Dillen. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-05-2009 1:37 PM

Beovision MX4000-suddenly my tv has started turning itself off

Does anyone know why my Beovision MX4000 has suddenly started turing itself off after about 6 minutes?for4 no apparent reason never ever had any probs all the time I have had,anyone had the same problem but be very interested to hear from anyone thankyou Paul

• 04-05-2009 3:23 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision MX4000-suddenly my tv has started turning itself off for no apparent reason anyone any ideas,never had any problems with it up to now it has been perfect anyone out there got the same tv or can come up with any ideas please Paul

Its something to do with the power supply overheating I think!  You may require a new board, Nobby on here is a whizz with tv repairs.

Hope that helps 

Nick

• 04-05-2009 4:07 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision MX4000-suddenly my tv has started turning itself off for no apparent reason anyone any ideas,never had any problems with it up to now it has been perfect anyone out there got the same tv or can come up with any ideas please Paul

Hi Paul,

Whereabouts are you based?  If you can get it to me, I can take a look for you.

Neil

• 04-05-2009 4:43 PM In reply to

HI hudspau

your problem are most likely bad soldering around your line transformer its located in the right backside of your chasis looking from

behind,resolder your line transformer and components around it if you dont know what a line transformer looks like you cant miss it

its the biggest transformer on the chassis with a red core that goes to the picture tube.be very carefull you are dealing with high voltage

and even after you unplugged the tv you still have high voltage.if you are not familiar with working on tv sets leave it to qualified

technichians

regards

jan

• 04-06-2009 5:43 AM In reply to

• 04-11-2009 10:41 AM In reply to

thankyou i will have a look at that,as I have fitted transformers before in mitsubushi tvs

• 04-11-2009 10:43 AM In reply to

sorry so long getting back to you but also had probs with the computer evrything seems to go at once don t you think,we live in west yorkshire, so where do you live if we can t fix it?as we have no transport

• 04-11-2009 3:38 PM In reply to

Hi hudspau

Sorry i live in denmark so that's impossible try one of the other  members living near you

regards

jan

• 04-17-2009 5:45 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

I had the same problem and one of the more experienced TV service guys here at Beoworld told me to
    turn off the light, watch the solderside of the main board, switch on the TV and watch for the spark(s).
    I did so and a spark lit up at the main board, drawing my attention to a cracked solder in the power
    supply area.
    I already had gone through the board searching for bad solders (as always) but I obiously missed
    this one, it took a microscope to finally spot it.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)