in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-06-2009 11:08 AM by aweicc. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-04-2009 11:44 PM

flo rida - low & Beolab 3

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here ever try to play "Low" by flo rida using beolab 3?

I played it using beolab 9 and it can shake my house down, but using lab 3 there is absolutely no bass at all,  just thuds ..

This is the only song i got that make beolab 3 look real bad..

• 04-05-2009 12:06 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: flo rida - low & Beolab 3

Ick! I can't believe beolabs are being exposed to that!

The Beolab 9 goes lower than the Beolab 3.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-05-2009 5:18 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Laughing

I wouldn't say it makes the BeoLab 3s sound bad, they still will sound excellent (although just how any speaker can sound excellent with Flo Rida on it is beyond me) just lacking in true 'sub-bass'.

Don't forget the BeoLab 9s have very, very powerful (and large) bass drivers built in, the BeoLab 3 is IMO equally as impressive.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-05-2009 6:16 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Being a lucky owner of the BL5s, BL9s and BL3s, I find that average rock/pop music sounds best through the BL3s. Indeed, I'm planning on selling the BL5s as I just can't make the most of them (with my music or apartment). I'm planning on using another set of BL3s in their place. BL3s are more than enough for most people, unless you need to play your music rather loud, in a detatched house!

• 04-05-2009 6:24 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I'd happily do a trade for BeoLab 4s for you!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-05-2009 6:54 AM In reply to

i expose my 8000s to this type of music everyday, each person has their own taste and im sure beolabs were designed to accomodate all types of music Big Smile

• 04-05-2009 3:10 PM In reply to

I own a pair of Beolab 3's and sonically they are very good indeed. Some people would like a bit more bass, but I'm very happy with them and impressed.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 04-06-2009 8:06 AM In reply to

yeah, I am very happy with beolab 3, the sound from it is amazing and crystal clear!! I sort of agree that pop songs sounds better in beolab 3s then the 9s I have got.

BUT just this particular song, LOW, beolab 3 just simply cannot play it.  Wink

You should all try it out on itunes music preview!

• 04-06-2009 10:26 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

aweicc:

You should all try it out on itunes music preview!

Laughing

It just gets better and better! iTunes music is encoded at a poor rate, rubbish > you have never noticed? Have you ever listened to a CD with a quality recording of a classical piece, or a live recording, on your speakers (which are completely amazing and appear to be going to waste)? Big Smile

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-06-2009 10:41 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Steady on Dave, although you are largely right (as usual).

Everything on iTunes now though is of iTunes Plus quality (256kbps AAC) which is very good quality indeed.

iTunes Previews are much lower in quality though - 128kbps AAC (the old standard) which is awful.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-06-2009 11:08 AM In reply to

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I got a bit carried away so delet my previous post. At the end we will probably get the same thrill out of listening to the music we like on Bang & Olufsen, may it be classical or Flo Rida.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)