in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-06-2009 7:25 AM by MoglesMac. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-02-2009 7:34 AM

• chr_elling
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-18-2008
    • Denmark, Gentofte
    • Posts 51
    • Bronze Member

Beomaster 4500 makes noise on Beolab 4 when sending data to Beolink 5/7000

I have finally found a Beomaster 4500 and Beogram 4500 cd with two way communication in perfect condition. The setup is: Beomaster 4500/Beogram 4500/Beolab 4 * 2/Beolink 5000 & 7000. Original B&O Powerlink MKIII cables with 4 pins connectivity and "screen" (the metal wires surrounding the other cables).

When I use a Beolink 1000 there is no noise on the speakers when adjusting volume, changing source and so forth. However, when I use my Beolink 5000/7000 the speakers makes a noise whenever the Beomaster sends data to the two way remote controls. And that can be rather irritating whenever one is programming the Beomaster with the Beolink 7000 since there is quit a bit of communication from the Beomaster to the remote. Strangely enough, there is no noise when sending signals from the remote to the Beomaster 4500.

My local B&O dealer says that I do not need fully mounted Powerlink cables (Powerlink MK2 where all 8 pins are connected) since my Beolab 4 do not have any display.

Is there anyone who has an idea why this happens? Is it a cable problem? Has any one experienced it? Could it be that I have not put the Beomaster in the right mode? And is so, how doI change it?

The puzzled Dane

Christian

B&O old school link nerd

• 04-06-2009 7:25 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 4500 makes noise on Beolab 4 when sending data to Beolink 5/7000

Hi,

I dont know if this is same problem but mine was related to speaker-cables, at least my "communication-sounds" stoped when i changed to B&O Powerlink Mk2 cables.

I had same problem with "hearing" IR-transmission between my BM7000 and Beolink 5000 (never tested with 1-way-transmission). I have Beolab Pentas so i had to have Powerlink Mk2, but when i changed back to my B&O original Powerlink-cables the bad sounds stopped. The sound was a "buzzing" interference in speakers when remote - beomaster where "talking".

Jesper

Sweden

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)