in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-02-2009 8:22 PM by Jon. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2009 9:00 PM

• Jon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-05-2009
    • Posts 138
    • Bronze Member

Pictures of new subwoofer drivers for MS150 speakers...

Just thought it might be cool to share some pictures with you all.

After UPS delivered my MS150 speakers in such nice condition...

...I was able to find some replacement OEM mid-bass drivers (which haven't been delivered yet), and I decided to purchase new Peerless SLS sub drivers. These...

...look awesome! Especially for a budget driver. The old driver lacked a vented spider and bumped backplate. Also, this spider is about twice as big, so the excursion should be quite a bit more linear.

As well, I'm replacing the old toilet paper roll port tubes that just bespeak quality (not!!!), with these monsters...

...to be trimmed down to size of course. Not sure what tuning I'm going to go with yet.

Anyway, hope you guys liked the pics. I'm excited!

Jon

• 04-01-2009 10:43 AM In reply to

Re: Pictures of new subwoofer drivers for MS150 speakers...

Nice photo's!Smile

• 04-01-2009 2:49 PM In reply to

Nice Jon

I got some new 8" Peerless woofers for my MC120.2s - very nice sound :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 04-01-2009 5:49 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Thanks for sharing, Jon.
    Good luck with the port tubes.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-01-2009 10:28 PM In reply to

• Jon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-05-2009
    • Posts 138
    • Bronze Member

Thanks guys! I have some repair to do to the crossovers as well, but when I get everything together, I'll take some more pictures and report how they sound.

Jon

• 04-02-2009 3:09 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

toyteg08:

Thanks guys! I have some repair to do to the crossovers as well, but when I get everything together, I'll take some more pictures and report how they sound.

Jon

Looking forward to the photo's of the finished project. I will send you the address of my Doctor who very kindly administered a cortisone injection into my shoulder after I had completed my own S150's (they are rather heavy aren't they?).

As for the sound - if mine were anything to go by you won't be disappointed. I did a full recap' of the crossovers and the drivers were originals and they were just sublime. The best passive speakers I have ever owned and the cabinets were absolutely mint rosewood. Do you have the stands as these are a neccessity to get the best out of them?. Alas SWMBO made me sell them on as the were just too big & imposing for our houseSad

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-02-2009 8:22 PM In reply to

• Jon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-05-2009
    • Posts 138
    • Bronze Member

Haha! That's pretty good.

No, honestly, to me, big speakers are like, Dynaudio Evidences, or McIntosh XR290's, or German Physiks Gaudis, or something like that. That million dollar Kharma speaker is unbelievably huge. There's some other brand which makes about a 14 foot tall speaker....it's crazy. I wouldn't have room for any of that stuff!

The MS150's are a nice size to me, and I guess I'm super lucky, because my wife loves the way they look as well.

Thanks for the reassurance about their sound! I can't wait to hear the final product.

Jon

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)