in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-31-2009 3:59 PM by Puncher. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2009 10:11 AM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Gift [G] Prize Draw - TONIGHT !!!

Whoosh, there goes another month, and.... it's the BeoWorld Prize Draw!

If these weeks fly by any faster, we may as well just have the prize draw every day!! That said, i don't think we could quite afford it (cough).

Up for grabs this month is anything from a pair of BeoLab 6000's, a Beo5 Remote, an obscenely rare Bang & Olufsen watch made by Skagen of Denmark, right through to a selection of BeoWorld goodies. We just keep on giving these great prizes away because you're all the best!

PrizeDrawBot is booked to arrive this evening along with his entourage, the Draw Machine is polished and oiled - and we have Prizes to give away. So, if you want to see the action live as it happens, be on the Forum at 9pm UK time TONIGHT - Tuesday 31st March.

See you there - and Good Luck..

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-31-2009 1:00 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: Prize Draw - TONIGHT !!!

The watch for me pleaseSmile

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-31-2009 1:09 PM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

I will be here... I just gotta get on my bike first and make up for the cheese pies and pastries I ate today......Laughing

• 03-31-2009 1:31 PM In reply to

Can't make it tonight I'm afraid. But anyway, i'll have the candle sticks.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 03-31-2009 1:55 PM In reply to

• Tim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2008
    • Munich
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

My first prize draw and I'm so excited I hope it'll be a great day for me? the Beo4 would be great cause mine is broken since yesterday Unsure

• 03-31-2009 2:01 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Surprise  Gosh, I had totally forgotten...that was close!!

Durban South Africa

• 03-31-2009 2:04 PM In reply to

Just bought a Skagen watch - my Baume & Mercier is being serviced. I love thin watches and the strap is great. Mine does have the most useless date in the world though - I need a magnifying glass to read it! Didn't see it had a date when I bought it!! Laughing

• 03-31-2009 2:41 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hey! That time again, already!

Now, although I would like the watch, candlesticks or Audi, winning nowt will not dampen my spirits tonight. Let me explain why.

About twenty years ago, my late wife, Mavis and I bought a long gold chain and had the jeweller split it. Mavis wore two thirds of it as a necklace, and I wore the remainder as a wrist-chain. Neither of us ever took them off, except for baths and showers.
    Wed thred© readers will know that my wrist-chain was the one that travelled to Liverpool and back, dangling over the top rung of a ladder on the back of a tanker I was driving!
    After the loss of my wife, just over three years ago, I had her necklace split into two, for my two sons to wear as wrist-chains.

Nine days ago, on Mother's Day, I took my grandchildren to a 'petting farm' about 30 miles away, where children get to react with baby goats, pigs, cows and the like. When we got home I noticed my chain was missing. Absolutely distraught, and with tears in my eyes, I stripped the car down, looking under the carpets, down the back of the seats, even in the boot though I hadn't even been there!
    I 'phoned two police stations to report it missing and rang the farm to see if somebody had handed it in. No such luck.
    On the Tuesday, I rented a transit to collect an Avant that Dave from King Street had kindly given me.  Just half an hour from King Street, I decided to go back to the petting farm and have a look round. Yes, I know it was like looking for a needle in a haystack, but you never know.. (I even prayed that I would find it, not something I usually do). We had been there for about four hours on the Sunday and I retraced every step to no avail!
    Naturally, I have been down in the dumps since.
    This morning, 9 days later, I got a 'phone call from the farm saying they had found it!!!!!! Halleluja!
    It was in a field of goats where I had not been, and was described as being "rather dirty"! I think it had been through the digestive system of some goat or other. I kid you not!
    Anyway, I have boiled it and put it back on my wrist where it belongs. I am truly a happy bunny.
    Good luck comes in threes, doesn't it?
    Avant----Gold chain----Prize draw, eh?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-31-2009 2:48 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Jandyt:
    It was in a field of goats where I had not been, and was described as being "rather dirty"! I think it had been through the digestive system of some goat or other. I kid you not!

Andy T.

Really glad to hear that you have found it again - but make up your mind please  - was it an old  goat or a young goat (ie kid !!!!!)

Good luck to everyone tonight - I will of course miss it as I do not have a watch (unless I win THE one), can't see in the dark ( unless I win the candle holders)!!!!

Brian

• 03-31-2009 2:49 PM In reply to

I hope it's my time! Smile

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 03-31-2009 2:51 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Where - it makes my post redundant!!!!!

• 03-31-2009 2:59 PM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

I'll have the lady announcing the winners please Lee Laughing

Cheers

Nigel

• 03-31-2009 3:06 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Xseries:

Where - it makes my post redundant!!!!!

Ok brian, I'll put it back!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-31-2009 3:41 PM In reply to

h1npw:

I'll have the lady announcing the winners please Lee Laughing

Cheers

Nigel

Be careful  I'm a second in the line Wink

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 03-31-2009 3:44 PM In reply to

I would not mind having a go at the Beolab 6000's. I'm keeping a watchful eye on the draw hoping.. though not expecting...

Good luck everyone!

BV 7-55, BL 7-4, BL 9's, BL 4's, BL 3's, BC 2300, Beo5, Beo4

• 03-31-2009 3:52 PM In reply to

Yeah please God I would love that beo5 so I can use it with the new BV5 Big Smile

Picked up a Motorola STB Zaptor digital box and using it with scart, I'm very pleased with the quality!

Regards Anders

• 03-31-2009 3:59 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

The Prize Draw is taking place HERE.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)