in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-20-2007 3:25 AM by kawo. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2007 11:07 AM

• Beonut
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Essex, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Bronze Member

What is the latest software version for the Beosystem 3

I have software version 2.7, does anyone know if this has been superceeded and if so what the newer software does/fixes.

Cheers

Peter

My B&O - BS3, BV4-50, Beomedia 1, BS3200, DVD1, BL8000, BL6000, BL3, BL2, BL7.4
    Filed under:
  • 05-29-2007 1:34 PM In reply to

Re: What is the latest software version for the Beosystem 3

The latest version is 3.0

Regards Keith....

• 05-29-2007 4:19 PM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

Thanks for starting this thread Peter and the latest update, Keith. Is there anywhere on the site which shows the versions and what has changed between versions? I guess this is an engineer update, any experience of how much dealers charge for upgrades?

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 05-29-2007 9:27 PM In reply to

• Corvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 124
    • Founder

I too would like to know what was contained in the update, a list of supported products, aswell as where to find the system version,,, Please?
  • 05-30-2007 3:14 AM In reply to

Well, as I understand it, the latest software update corrects an issue when an audio source is played in speaker mode 5 and the sound configuration was not saved for BeoLab 2's.

Apparently the key new feature of this update is the provision of full HD output resolution, also a BeoCentre 2 overlay menu.

There is also a new feature for the US market, not sure what this is however.

As far as cost for the upgrade is concerned, I guess this will vary from dealer to dealer, but is done with a software tool from a laptop PC like most updates these days.

Regards Keith....

• 05-30-2007 4:13 AM In reply to

• jchasey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hampshire, UK
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Any news on if any third party DVD players have been added IR-control wise?
  • 05-30-2007 4:55 AM In reply to

• Beonut
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Essex, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Bronze Member

Corvin:
    I too would like to know what was contained in the update, a list of supported products, aswell as where to find the system version,,, Please?

To find the system version, bring up a menu (except the stb menu) then press 00 GO. Then select Monitor then Monitor Information.

Cheers

Peter

My B&O - BS3, BV4-50, Beomedia 1, BS3200, DVD1, BL8000, BL6000, BL3, BL2, BL7.4
  • 05-30-2007 6:26 AM In reply to

• Corvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 124
    • Founder

Great, thanks Peter,

Now itching to find out exactly what changes have been made to version 3 and what products are supported.

Has Apple TV been supported??

• 05-31-2007 2:23 PM In reply to

• roarmo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 5
    • Silver Member

Just ordered a new BeoSystem 3 yesterday.
    Do you think it will have version 3.0 installed from the factory, or should I ask my dealer to upgrade when installing?

RoMo

PS!
    Planned to buy a pair of the new BeoLab 9 to go with the BeoSystem 3, but made a big mistake by also listening to BeoLab 5 (just to compare of course). My wife and I ended up choosing the 5'ers instead of 9'ers. Big difference is sound +++ (and cost ---). 

So my advice to myself (for the future) is not to listen to better equipment to find of what you will be missing Wink.

• 05-31-2007 4:22 PM In reply to

I think you can be fairly sure that it will be version 3

Regards Keith....

• 05-31-2007 5:29 PM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

Thanks for the update Keith. I'll probably wait until I upgrade my screen and see if I can get the upgrade rolled in.

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 06-04-2007 1:24 AM In reply to

First of all congrats on the purchase of beolab 5's. These are my fav speakers and good decision on not purchasing beolab 9. I recently had a in home demo of beolab 9's but beolab 3 with beolab 2 sounded so much better than the 9's.

I am glad that you mention the software version 3.0 for bs 3 because i am suppose to pickup my new bs3 tomorrow and i will check with my dealer.

cheers :) 

• 06-18-2007 10:03 AM In reply to

• themax
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Hello Peter !

I hope my english is not so bad........

The newest sw-version of BS3 is 3.0.

The new features are :

- It supports AAC-format

-The menu closes automaticly after a few time when you connectes an plasma-display

- The output supports 1080p-signals

Cheers

max

• 06-18-2007 10:17 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

Interesting

Ito had a demo of the BL3 and lab 2 but found the bass very boomy with the sub and muddy. Then tried the BL9 and it seemed in a diferent class to me!

• 06-18-2007 11:06 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

subversive:

First of all congrats on the purchase of beolab 5's. These are my fav speakers and good decision on not purchasing beolab 9. I recently had a in home demo of beolab 9's but beolab 3 with beolab 2 sounded so much better than the 9's.

I am glad that you mention the software version 3.0 for bs 3 because i am suppose to pickup my new bs3 tomorrow and i will check with my dealer.

cheers :) 

Something must have been wrong with the BeoLab 9s! Either they weren't set up correctly, not run in appropriately or both! They really don't sound that great until you've run them in a bit. When they sound right, they're leaps and bounds ahead of a BL3 + BL2 convo.

On the topic of the BeoSystem 3 software update - it's not actually that easy to do. Takes a very long time and if anything goes wrong during the process, it has to start all over again. In a way, updating through chipping was easier. Back off telly, old chip out, new chip in. Done. With the BeoSystem 3 update, it's more a case of relying on computers doing their job correctly - which is incredibly rare! Laughing

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-18-2007 1:25 PM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Does someone from B&O need to come to your house to do the update? Or can it be done by us? If no, a fee might be charged than.

The amount of BV9 and BS3 they are going to sell will keep them very busy just for updating the system....

Also on the BL9 vs. BL3 + BL2, my guess would be that the room could make the difference. In my situation without acustic treatment the result your could be the same, two small LS plus a sub perform better than two "big" ones

Karsten

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 06-19-2007 7:52 AM In reply to

If you are having an issue with your BS3 and the update will solve that issue then it should be done under warranty, if you want the update just because it is an update then they may want to charge you.  It all depends on the dealer, if you you have a good one and a good relationship he may well do it free anyway, if you ask.
  • 06-19-2007 8:29 AM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Alex:
    subversive:

On the topic of the BeoSystem 3 software update - it's not actually that easy to do. Takes a very long time and if anything goes wrong during the process, it has to start all over again. In a way, updating through chipping was easier. Back off telly, old chip out, new chip in. Done. With the BeoSystem 3 update, it's more a case of relying on computers doing their job correctly - which is incredibly rare! Laughing

Not in my experience - a serial to ML box plugged into a PC - the PC read off the software versions via ML and then was able to update them - not taking a huge amount of time really - time for a cup of tea etc.. MUCH easier than pulling a chip.

I would have preferred updating via the serial port, but then I guess B&O still like their proprietary old ways!

• 06-20-2007 3:25 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

As my BS3 will arrive on the 29th (I hope it will have the most recent SW :-) ) I asked the dealer how the upgrades will be handeled. At least in Germany it is not done anymore by themself (even if they have their own technical stuff), a B&O service center has to do this.....they had to call this guy to come to their shop to do the upgrade for their own system. Strange!

Maybe they should host a party for a patch day for Beoworld members to bring in their BS3 systems once a month if B&O keeps on going with the current freqency of the updatesCool

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)