in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-27-2009 5:47 AM by Loris. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-27-2009 4:59 AM

• Loris
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2009
    • Italy
    • Posts 92
    • Bronze Member

Beogram shipping

Hi all,

I'm new here. I just bought a beogram 5005 and it will be shipped to me soon. Can someone tell me how to block the arm for avoiding possible damages during transport?Smile

Thanx a lot

• 03-27-2009 5:08 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Beogram shipping

Hi and welcome to Beoworld.Smile

There are several things to consider when shipping a beogram (collecting in person is easily the best option).

1. Ensure the 3 transport screws are tightened - these are located underneath the turntable.

2. Remove the cartridge and ensure the stylus guard is lowered and pack seperately.

3. Remove the platter and pack at the bottom of the box to prevent any damage occuring inside the turntable if it comes loose during shipping.

4. Fill the void inside the lid with bubble wrap to prevent the sub-platter running riot.

5. Support the tonearm assembly by carefully placing foam underneath and tape the assembly in place to stop it moving.

6. You cannot use too much bubble wrap and always double box them.

7. Pray to the Diety of your chosen religion that it arrives in one piece - they don't travel well.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 03-27-2009 5:47 AM In reply to

• Loris
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2009
    • Italy
    • Posts 92
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beogram shipping

Hi Chris,

thanx a lot. Hopefully I'll became the proud owner of a B&O turntable.

I'll compare it with my Pink Triangle Anniversary :-)

Loris

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)